Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeOnline View Post
    Latest rumor now says might not be as simple as a downloadable firmware. Might require drop off at Canon service center. This would be consistent with how firmware upgrades were handled on the 1Dc.

CR also now opens door to paid upgrade. Might not be free.

As long as it comes to the 1Dx mkII, I'm fine with paid upgrade. Would prefer re-badging to a red 'C' in that case too since it would clearly separate the camera and increase value.
    I'd be perfectly happy with a paid upgrade to C-Log with drop-off at a Canon service center. Those that don't need it, don't have to pay for it.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

2. Collapse Details
    I've been waiting off on buying a new DSLR since selling my 1DC and this might help me make my decision. I'm just hoping that they don't end up diverging the 5D into two separate firmware upgrade lines and have the "5DC" require all future firmware upgrades be sent in to Canon. That was a real pain in the ass with the 1DC and ultimately led to fewer features and upgrades than were available on the 1DX.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMachoAlpha View Post
    Just curious, what about the Ursa mini do you not like that would make you trade it for a 1DX Mark II. I currently own a 1DX II and thinking about buying an Ursa mini but your comment made me wonder a bit. I'm also really hoping the 1DX gets the C-log.
    I am a big fan of the Ursa Mini 4.6k. Image quality wise, my 1DC (b-cam) doesn't touch it, and I don't believe a 1DX II w/ clog would touch it. And it's a real video camera with mounting points, XLRs, pro codecs, peaking/luts/zebras/etc. However, I do about 70% photo and 30% video, so just having 1D bodies for both photo and video (1DX II & a 1DC) really appealed to me rather than my current situation (1DX & 1DC & Ursa Mini 4.6k). The ursa mini is a beast on a gimbal as well, and the 1DX II w/ it's DPAF would be a no brainer.
    Last edited by Strouty; Today at 09:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12