1. Collapse Details
    Still liking my AG AC90A!
    I tend to be using the little old AC90A more than my other (better) cameras on 1 camera shoots. The little thing produces nice images straight out of the box and it's small size and weight along with ease of use make it simple to use.
    My biggest gripe for sure is the weak built-in neutral density. Sure, it's better than no ND, but having to carry a ND filter around for sunny days reduces some of that "ease of use."

Nonetheless, I am still glad I got one when they became discontinued and discounted.
    It's probably solely thanks to this forum that I was introduced to the original AC90 surprise unveiling back in 2012 (to most everyone's surprise) and learned about it.
    Plus my CGA-D54 batteries can be shared with a possible future HC-X1 or UX180.

You guys still liking yours?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    You guys still liking yours?
    Yep! So much so that when they were discontinued I bought a second brand new one from a legit dealer at a silly price as they wanted to shift the last one*.

Now I have a pair of AC90's (well one upgraded AC90 and one AC90A) that I can use in two camera jobs and makes editing clips from both simple. They are both set up the same and I only have to remember one set of controls and menus.

*Actually it was just before Christmas so I got big (25-30%) discounts on all the other bits to go with it so win-win-win :-)

3. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear they are still serving you well, jagraphics. I remember back when you were trying to make that choice

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Glad to hear they are still serving you well, jagraphics. I remember back when you were trying to make that choice
    Realised that I did not need 4K. Lets fase it most is viewed on line at 720 and 1080 on sub 22 inch screens, more on tablets or phones. The majority of TV's are still 1080HD. (with some still 720) Even on 4K screens for the sort of work I am dong 1080 is as good as it needs to be. As I am 60 I think these cameras will serve me well for a decade. If I am still able to operate a camera at 70 I will think again.

The other problem is storage. I "only" have 24TB raid storage. SO I am sticking with 1080p