Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography
    Thanks, I didn't know those specs. However I'm assuming that's based on the F35 paired with the SRW deck, which again I don't think anyone is using--how does it stack up compared to the F35 without the deck in terms of weight/size power?

If I remember correctly, by the time the 9000 arrived, the Alexa had been introduced and the migration was swift. I only ever saw the 9000 once at a rental house, I can't imagine they sold many.
    Charles Papert

2. Collapse Details
    The 9000 also never got a 12-bit update like the F35 (according to my memory). So although getting 10-bit 4:4:4 over a single 3G-SDI cable opens up a bunch more options for recorders, you're not getting quite the full image quality that you can get from the regular F35.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivko FIlm View Post
    Yes, the manual states 10A is not okay and it will shut it down for safety. I turned it on with my 14.8V FYI and everything went just fine.
    I mean BP-GL95's max current is 10A. However, other sony 10A batteries was not very stable at startup.

I ended up with this adapter (GP-TS), which is also nice for long run.
    http://www.pro-x.biz/accessory.htm#G...otswap_Adapter

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    The 9000 also never got a 12-bit update like the F35 (according to my memory). So although getting 10-bit 4:4:4 over a single 3G-SDI cable opens up a bunch more options for recorders, you're not getting quite the full image quality that you can get from the regular F35.
    The 9000PL does 12 bit.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesPapert View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know those specs. However I'm assuming that's based on the F35 paired with the SRW deck, which again I don't think anyone is using--how does it stack up compared to the F35 without the deck in terms of weight/size power?

If I remember correctly, by the time the 9000 arrived, the Alexa had been introduced and the migration was swift. I only ever saw the 9000 once at a rental house, I can't imagine they sold many.
    That's a good point, I would guesstimate they are probably pretty similar then if you take the recorder off the F35. The 9000PL is built like an ENG however. According to Sony the 9000 models were more popular than F35 for the ergonomics. Although, obviously not for digital cinema since there were new flavors of the year when they were released.

6. Collapse Details
    I would skip V-mount and will go for Anton Bauer mount.. I had V-mount before and switch.. V-mount have tendency to fall out the mount, over time..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12