1. Collapse Details
    Having trouble hitting record.
    I took a video of an event in February. It was snowing and raining a bit. After a while I was having trouble hitting the record button. About hours after I came home, it was fine and it continued to work well until yesterday. The camera decided to not want to record after shooting for a while. Once I put it to pre-record to see if that work and it did. I then put it back to the standard record mode and it stopped working again. Put it to pre-precord afterards and now that's not working either. While checking it today, it's still unable to record when I hit the record button. The water must have messed something up. Still, this is the back record buttom. I never used the one at the top of the unit and it's actually not working. Is their an option to enable that or is it messed up as well? I figured it would be fine if the back button doesn't work as long as I can use the top button. For all I know, perhaps the battery is the culprit. Any thoughts on what I can do besides sending it to a repair shop?

While in Las Vegas in 2014, the battery case came apart and so I had to use electrical tape to put it together. Tried to get Panasonic to replace it while the camera was under warranty but with no luck since they said the battery itself only came with a 10 day warranty.

This is really giving me a headache. Had this camera since around December of 2012. Never had issues until recently.
    Last edited by Camera Expert; 03-12-2017 at 03:40 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I can't resist this bit of levity...

You go by the handle "Camera Expert" and you created a post announcing that you have trouble hitting record.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I am sure that the 10 day warrantee on the battery has been successfully challenged.
    Have you tried it on mains power to see if the problem persists?

A couple of times I have hit recored on the AC90 and turned it on->off in one go. Maybe it's your technique when under pressure?

The temperature may have caused some problems as much as the wet snow. Consumer grade silicon chips don't like it too cold so one may have partially failed.

Ask any camera expert and they will tell you that if the camera gets wet: stop using it and *remove the battery* let it dry out before using it again. i.e. a couple of days in a warm place.

Why were you using the camera in snow and rain? Use a cover if you are going to do that.

As noted above by JPNola your handle is a bit of an own goal with a question like the one you posted.... :-)

4. Collapse Details
    Stupid of me to post about the battery before me trying to hook it up to an outlet. I did afterwards and saw that it's the same thing.

Usually I have a bag or something else but I didn't feel like getting distracted with one on that day. I was thinking it's mostly snow and it wouldn't effect it too much. Seams like I took too much of a risk.

Everything works well except for when I hit the record button, it wont record. Luckily I have another camera I can use for an event that I'll want to shoot on the 17th just in case. I'll see what happens in a few days without touching the camera.

As for the name I made up years ago, it's a long story why I choose that.

Is their a setting in the camera that can enable/disable the record button at the top of the camera? Never had to use that and now that I might need to, it's not working either.
    Last edited by Camera Expert; 03-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Camera Expert View Post
    Is their a setting in the camera that can enable/disable the record button at the top of the camera? Never had to use that and now that I might need to, it's not working either.
    Yes, there's a "SUB REC BUTTON" menu item in the SW & DISP SETUP menu that enables/disables the top handle record button.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks. Seams like that isn't working either.

I decided to try using the camera today and still couldn't get the back button to work.Out of frustration, I decided to keep on hitting the record button. As soon as I looked at the screen, I saw that it was recording. Took it off an on and then about 20 seconds later, it's back to not working again. Then about 30 minutes later when I constantly hitting the record button again, it suddenly works but in other to stop recording, you need to put the on off switch to off rather than to hit the record button again. So I guess it'll decided to work .01% of the time. Seams like it could be an easy fix if someone opens it up and perhaps clean the inside a bit or check if anything is a bit loose. Toward the end of the day, when the switch was in the off position, the camera would still be on. I should have said that earlier. That only happened on that day. Now the switch works perfectly when you put it on and off.

Not sure if I should try opening it myself. Might try looking for a repair shop. If it really is an easy fix, perhaps I wont be charged much.
    Last edited by Camera Expert; 03-17-2017 at 07:45 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    did you ever get the camera fixed?
    What was the problem?

8. Collapse Details
    You may want to try using the remote start/stop port using a controller.

Al

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.