1. Collapse Details
    New DVX short- Automate
    Cool
    I wrote/directed this short, which is about 95% DVX. The stock footage of the riots/protests are GX85, and the side profile shots of the tech execs are GH4. It's mostly a talking head doc-style film, but I'm hoping to do something a little more cinematic with the DVX on the next one.

This is the first time I ran into the ghosting image, but it's only in there a bit.

2. Collapse Details
    Good story, and good story telling!

Did you use the automated focus capability of the DVX to shift from speaker-to-speaker or do it manually?

Could have done without the vertical "bar" in some of the shots.

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you! The side-profile shots with the man and woman where the big focus shifts happened were on the GH4. Not for any reason other than that I wasn't sure we'd use any of it (I'm a pretty lousy focus puller). We ran the GH4 alongside the DVX and had a Fuji XT2 running as well, though that footage wasn't in log so it looked very different.

By the vertical bar, do you mean in the wide shots with the bearded guy? That was the edge of a glass window in the office we were shooting in. I guess knowing what it was in real life, I never considered how it would place to the audience.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Deane View Post

By the vertical bar, do you mean in the wide shots with the bearded guy? That was the edge of a glass window in the office we were shooting in. I guess knowing what it was in real life, I never considered how it would place to the audience.
    Yep, that's what I meant. A "learning moment". :-)