1. Collapse Details
    Best patch/settings for Panasonic GF3 hack?
    I bought a used Panasonic GF3. I understand it can be hacked with PTool and by setting the card up with the GF3 Panasonic firmware (instead of GH1) during the hack.

Anyone know if you can/should put the patches for the GH2 with this (Sanity/Flowmotion, etc.)? The GF3 shoots 30p (not 24). Would it be better to just manually input the bitrate (to like 40-something) in PTool myself?

2. Collapse Details
    ok...I put Cake 2.3 on the GF3...
    Little over double the bitrate 37mbps average/57mbps max (original was 17mbps).
    Looks pretty good/might try a higher hack.

3. Collapse Details
    I have a recently acquired GH1 that I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with it, so anything that you find might end up on my GH1. It may end up as a 720/59.94p camera to go with the cameras at work.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    I have a recently acquired GH1 that I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with it, so anything that you find might end up on my GH1. It may end up as a 720/59.94p camera to go with the cameras at work.
    There's four GH1 related patches in Lpowell's profile (the first, FlowMotion, is for GH2).

Check them out, depending how high bitrate you want to go with:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/member.php?59441-Lpowell

There's also plenty of comments about them.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow, I have FlowMotion v2 on the GF3 now (GH2 patch). It looks great! I'm getting about 40-50mbps. It's spanning perfectly and beyond 30 minutes. This one is staying.

Exposure controls are limited in comparison with GH2, but you can set it in iA+ with the slider along with looking at the histogram, it's just not professional level of control. The exposure during video record seems to stay locked, whether you first adjust it or not. (The camera LCD may show fluctuating bright/dark during filming, but the actual footage as seen on PC monitor doesn't do that.)
    Last edited by GHKAM; 03-05-2017 at 01:28 PM.