Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I would like to see your editing system.
    I was wondering how other people have configured their editing systems.

https://youtu.be/9Mrq4EM4KcA
    Last edited by Andy Patterson; 02-20-2017 at 01:16 PM.

2. Collapse Details

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    What are you editing : )

4. Collapse Details
    I think jagraphics edits in lightspeed ;)

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    I think jagraphics edits in lightspeed ;)
    Yes it's the Video version of Adobe Lightroom.....

Seriously I use a mid 2010 Mac Pro (with 6Tb of striped raid HDD +1Tb OSX HDD and 1Tb scratch HDD and 32Gb memory) ,with an 18TB Netgear NAS and a couple of 22 inch screens with FCPX
    most of my work is fairly simple corporate videos.

I was temped to post a picture of the multi (9?) screen system used in swordfish but there was no decent image of it on a quite search so I settled for the classic Star Trek.

6. Collapse Details
    I don't use anymore internal HDs for video files and their processing - only arrays connected via thunderbolt. Currently 32T and 24T both configured as RAID5. Part of one array is used for "hot" backup. Otherwise it's pretty much old typical stuff.

7. Collapse Details
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by silyn View Post
    I don't use anymore internal HDs for video files and their processing - only arrays connected via thunderbolt. Currently 32T and 24T both configured as RAID5. Part of one array is used for "hot" backup. Otherwise it's pretty much old typical stuff.
    To be honest if I had a new MAC Pro (trash can type) I would use all external as well. Fortunately all my videos are fairly short and simple. So using 2* 3TB striped RAID inside the MAC is OK If it gets to be much more I will think again. The only problem with the new MAC PRO's is that OSX is not as reliable as it was ( and M$ Windows is getting more reliable) so the next jump might be to a PC. The problem there is I use FCPX....

9. Collapse Details
    "I would like to see your editing system."

Gentlemen buy me a drink before asking that.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jagraphics View Post
    To be honest if I had a new MAC Pro (trash can type) I would use all external as well. Fortunately all my videos are fairly short and simple. So using 2* 3TB striped RAID inside the MAC is OK If it gets to be much more I will think again. The only problem with the new MAC PRO's is that OSX is not as reliable as it was ( and M$ Windows is getting more reliable) so the next jump might be to a PC. The problem there is I use FCPX....
    I actually have two Mac Pros - one of them is a "trash can." The reason I bought it at the time was the storage space even if I don't have lengthy video/footage. But a big part of what I do is compositing and VFX and that fills the space quickly. I also found the "time machine" extremely useful as a part of the versioning system. On the older Mac I have 8T of internal HDs which I basically stopped using. Just keep the old stuff which I may need quickly (which usually doesn't happen . My main editing SW is FCPX, compositing - Adobe AE. I also want to mention that I don't experience any problems with OS X. FCPX is a real charm. But surprisingly AE is also holding rather nicely. For example, it's not unusual for me to leave the system running for 20-30 hours to render a clip of 5-15 seconds. If it crashed frequently (and it does crash but on very rare occasions) that'd be a nightmare. All SW is regularly upgraded (mostly in between projects). But since I started using stand along arrays I really learned to appreciate the beauty of the concept. Convenience and reliability, and it's fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast