Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I really appreciate the info, thanks for the time.

I don't particularly like manual lenses, honestly I'd prefer something more akin to an ENG electronic servo zoom but it seems hard to know what's what with so many lenses and so little experience, it's a bit overwhelming.

I'm going to go with a shoulder rig, still don't quite underhand what people are doing with their hands on those handles when they aren't motorized, but that's another story.

2. Collapse Details
    Also NorBro are you saying that the Rokinon T1.5 cine lens that came with the camera isn't a quality lens? It retails about $500, I'm not defending it I honestly have no idea because I have no frame of reference and I'm still learning the camera to get the most out of the image.

And the prime zoom is a pretty cool feature to mix it up with short moves.

3. Collapse Details
    A lot of people use the Rokinon lenses. They are popular and I think they are fine for many people/applications.

Certainly a great low cost cine alternative. I think the LS300 comes with the 85mm, right? The 85mm cine version from Canon or Zeiss is $4,500 in comparison.

Once you have used really high-quality lenses, you'll think less of the Rokinons. There are worse lenses, but let's just say your camera is capable of better images with other options.

Lenses have to be one of the most complicated aspects of the business. There is a lot to learn like you mentioned...

4. Collapse Details
    It came with the Rokinon 35mm cine. Those comparable prices like $4500 are not in my budget, I've been thinking my top end would be $1,000. I know lens prices can get really expensive, I don't mean to imply price isn't an issue. I'm a small one man "production company" and just do events/weddings/corporate/youtube not cinema or big productions. It would be cool to shoot with a 5-20K lens, but I'm not in that ballpark.

And the jump from 1/3" CCD chips is impressive for me with any glass that fits I think at this point, but I think in the low-end price range it's even more important to find the standouts if there are any.

5. Collapse Details
    Lots to consider...you have a lot of research to do! haha

6. Collapse Details
    Yep I do, crash course in larger sensor interchangeable lens school, have learned a lot.

One thing that makes it tougher is the lack of widespread interest in this camera makes forums like this slow so there isn't a ton of information on it. The chatter I have found mostly says it's a well-priced entry into larger sensors, I'm looking forward to what I can do with it.

7. Collapse Details
    Q: If the EF to Micro Four Thirds speed booster is meant to cover a MFT sensor, does that mean there is vignetting using it with the super35 sensor and the VSM needs to be used?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster's down View Post
    Q: If the EF to Micro Four Thirds speed booster is meant to cover a MFT sensor, does that mean there is vignetting using it with the super35 sensor and the VSM needs to be used?
    I would guess yes. MFT is sort of an odd choice for a Super35 sized sensor, as the MFT sensor is quite a bit smaller- licensing fees likely had a lot to do with that choice. I would think a simple straight, non speed booster adapter would work best.

EF to MFT is a most practical solution to start building lenses with. The flange focal distance is shorter on the EF mount, so you can adapt Nikon F, Leica R, Zeiss Contax/Yashica mount, M42 etc. to EF, plus several vendors can sell adapters to convert older Canon FD to EF mount. And of course PL mount lenses.
    karlkimdp.com
    k2camera.com
    Local 600, SOA
    email: karlkimdp@gmail.com

9. Collapse Details
    I'm went with the Veydra mini primes for now, liked the idea of covering the sensor without VSM and an adapter for now, read good things about them and seems they're a little sharper than the Rokinons. I'm going with the 16mm, 35mm and 85mm to get started, my thinking is the prime zoom will connect that range pretty well.

Now I'm just trying to get used to shooting in log, I kinda get it but it's still odd right now.
    Last edited by Fenster's down; 02-28-2017 at 06:58 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Anyone used a M42 speedbooster on the Ls300? Any problems with the protusion at the back of the adapter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast