Thread: Good News!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Good News!!
    Cool
    Ok This was posted on 4/3third rumors!

Source A: A source at Panasonic has told me they are looking at upgrading the DVX200 to include 10bit recording. This may involve a paid return and upgrade program, it hasnít been decided yet. They are unsure if the internal boards and processor will need to be changed to allow this. Either way my source thinks an upgrade is very likley on the DVX200 as the GH5 is currently a lower priced camera with higher specs.

Source B: Two of my friends at CES heard from a Panasonic rep that the DVX200 is to get 10bit 4K internal recording, the rep did not say when or if it would be a new model or a paid upgrade, or any more details. Just that it would be available around the same time as it was for the GH5.

Any truth to this Barry?

2. Collapse Details
    Just saw this on the DVX200 Facebook page as well, sounds great if true. I presume we'll need to send our cameras in for a physical modification ? But yeah, I thought having a camera with run n' gun form with a "GH4 inside" was great. Making it a "GH5 inside" is a great move from Panasonic and keeps the DVX a truly relevant piece of technology.

http://www.43rumors.com/dvx200-to-li...-like-the-gh5/

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    Wow, if that's true, that's a bummer!

5. Collapse Details
    10bit internal recording is the logical next step for the DVX200. Let's hope it comes as a paid or un-paid Firmware up-grade and not a new camera.

6. Collapse Details
    It's likely to be MKII (or whatever they name it). It should then receive other upgrades as well.

7. Collapse Details
    |I'd say a 'Mk2' is more likely but who knows ? I was under the impression there was only so far you could go with internal 4K recording, if you want to use SDXC cards ? And also that the DVX-200 was at it's limit in hardware terms already.

8. Collapse Details
    A DVX200 MK11 may be a hard sell with todays 10bit Monitor/Recorders like the PIX-E5 and the new 10bit internal recording GH5 about to hit the market. https://youtu.be/AqV8wOTEmKU
    Last edited by Vardalos; 01-11-2017 at 05:42 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 7DDude View Post
    Any truth to this Barry?
    Of course not. Anything you ever read on those rumor sites is made-up hogwash. They're about as accurate as a blind man on a shooting range, after he's had a few drinks and his buddies have spun him around a few times to get him dizzy. You will never hear actual company news "leaked" to some rumor site. A multi-billion-dollar communications company issues press releases, it doesn't "leak" insider info to some "rumor" site. I mean, think about it -- that just isn't how a major organization communicates with its customers!

Instead of the "FT" in their rumor name meaning "Four Thirds", I find it more accurate to call them "Full of Turds".

If there is any shred of a grain of a molecule of an atom of a quark of a string of truth to this whatsoever, it probably came about by some rumormonger asking some salesman "will you upgrade the DVX200 to 10-bit recording", and whoever they asked said "well, I don't think so, I mean, the hardware doesn't allow it, they only way they could do that is you'd have to actually send the camera back to the factory and they'd have to install some different hardware and I'm sure that would cost a lot." So the rumormonger took that and said "good news! The factory is going to upgrade the DVX200 to 10-bit!!!!" This is nothing more than the "fake news" being decried worldwide. They're engaged in a race for headlines, and they don't care about accuracy.

Philip Johnston got it right.

And reading those rumor sites is about as productive as jamming needles under your fingernails. Might be more fun, but ultimately it's about equivalent in value for time spent.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 01-11-2017 at 03:40 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Case dismissed !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast