Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    for sale/marketplace post keeps getting removed-huh?
    dear mods-

i'm trying to sell a RODE NTG-1 mic.

i had made a post, added pix, it did not sell, waited a week, lowered the price with another post, waited another week, did a bump to the top and now the ad has been removed.

huh?

yesterday, i wrote up and posted another ad for the same RODE NTG-1 mic.

i went to look for the ad today so i could post some pix but the ad has been removed.

huh?

i have been on this wonderful forum for years.

i have sold (and have bought) lots of gear over the years.

i have never had an issue.

huh?

what am i doing wrong?

or alternatively, why is my RODE NTG-1 ad being removed?

be well.

rob
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

2. Collapse Details
    I think it's when you bump it, think they changed the rules so that it's not allowed now, only major changes are allowed.

3. Collapse Details
    steve-

thanks for the update.

no bumping got it.

was that posted somewhere?

and why was yesterday's ad removed?

not flaming, not trolling, not leading a revolution-i am a BIG fan of dvxuser-i'm simply trying to sell a RODE NTG-1 mic.

all good.

be well.

rob

smalltalk.productions

4. Collapse Details
    They remove duplicate posts, unnecessary bumps, and comments that don't display a genuine interest/inquiry about the item(s) being sold.

They take the job a bit too seriously and don't always catch everything, but that's how it is to try and keep it fair for everyone.

5. Collapse Details
    It's in here http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...or-Description I had posts removed too and didn't realise it had been made against the rules so looked into it and saw it straight away. I wasn't under the impression that bumping was rude or not the done thing, thought it was just sensible to keep you posts visible to random viewers otherwise they get buried way down the list and potential buyers might never see it. I know there are some forums allow a new bump only every say 3 or 5 days and no more, that seems sensible, but to say no bumps at all seemed a bit odd. But their forum, their rules, fair enough.
    Steve

6. Collapse Details
    norbro/steve-

thanks for the info.

if they removed the 1st ad because of the bump, why was the 2nd/new ad from yesterday removed?

i am not expecting a direct answer from either of you.

i am simply making one of those rhetorical musings that happen at the end and/or beginning of the year ;-)

be well.

rob

smalltalk.productions

7. Collapse Details
    Because you can't create a new thread for the same item a week later. It was too soon...you have to wait a bit until they forget.

8. Collapse Details
    norbro-

done!

i'll sit still for another week.

no prob.

i owe you coffee/tea!

be well.

rob

smalltalk.productions

9. Collapse Details
    Best place to start is to read our Marketplace Guidelines for posting.

Everything is set out in those rules, and the "no bump" policy as outlined above.

If anyone is uncertain about why a post or thread has been deleted, go to the Guidelines.

We don't issue warnings inasmuch as the rules haven't changed in any significant manner in the last six years.

My guess is that the OP had multiple threads for the same item, which isn't permitted.

In addition, it appears that you didn't follow our "no bump" rule and bump one thread four successive times with a substantial change in price or description. This isn't permitted either.

We condition participation in the Marketplace with a reading of the rules and fully compliance.

best
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

10. Collapse Details
    To be quite honest, I think the no bump policy is too rigid and dogmatic. I understand people have probably abused it in the past, but posting a for sale item so it can be lost quickly in the morass and no longer ever be visible again doesn't seem to make much sense. Why not allow a once a week bump like at REDuser ? That seems reasonable, no ? Now, if it were merely a question of being able to use the search function to see who has posted an item which you might be searching for would be one thing, however I challenge you David to do a search for an "A7S" for instance in the marketplace forum. What will you discover ? I leave that for you to see... So until the search function is improved, I think your marketplace has ceased to function effectively.

So if the goal was to reduce the amount of bandwith or space the marketplace was taking up on the server, I would say that has been successful. However, the marketplace used to be a major draw and I would bet site traffic for DVXuser is down now that people are faced with a much more subdued (perhaps overly regulated?) sales section, which frankly feels a little bit dead.
    Last edited by yoclay; 01-09-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast