1. Collapse Details
    GoPro recalls Karma
    Just heard this at NewsShooter. Yikes, this is bad for the Karma which was already not reviewing well compared to DJI Mavik. Remember, this is GoPros first drone. I guess their hope of the Karma improving sales will have to wait a while.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/11/0...-karma-drones/

2. Collapse Details
    So after the recall they apparently fixed the "dropping from the sky" issue. My question now is that given the fix, are these drones actually any good?

The fact that you get drone AND a removable handheld gimbal seems like a great deal, so how come the karma gets very little love from the drone community? What else is wrong with it?
    Last edited by James Carpenter; 11-03-2017 at 07:12 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Nevermind, I just watched this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN_2H7Ns_Yg

4. Collapse Details
    That looks like the last nail in the coffin!

5. Collapse Details
    I don't know...I just got the Karma, and I kinda like it. I like my Hero 5 Black, too, and the Karma Grip is a great, included, accessory. It definitely takes more attention--doesn't have the auto-avoid sensors--but it's stable, shoots good footage, has a great controller, and the software got smarter to fly some patterns. Oh...I like the Passenger app too.
    Sony FS5, A7RII, Fuji XT-3, MacBook Pro

6. Collapse Details
    GoPro has just killed the Karma coupled with some pretty large layoffs to boot. They are bleeding money and their stock has gone from $90 down to $6. They would appear to be in some serious trouble and might be looking for a buyer.

Shame about the Karma, the concept was great with the removable gimbal and detachable (upgradeable) cam.

Grant

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    GoPro has just killed the Karma coupled with some pretty large layoffs to boot. They are bleeding money and their stock has gone from $90 down to $6. They would appear to be in some serious trouble and might be looking for a buyer.

Shame about the Karma, the concept was great with the removable gimbal and detachable (upgradeable) cam.

Grant
    With the likes of the Yi 4k+ and it's lower price point it's no wonder really. Although I see that the Hero6 is now $100 off,which makes the market more level.