Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    The BT Atom is about the lightest and rudimentary Mattbox out there.. I have one ..its good .. and has a optional tilt filter function .. handy if your shooting alot of cars at night etc.. but no rotation .. and the rubber does get bent around a bit.. I have a Vocas 2 stage clip on thats also very good.. but would probably go with the Misfit now..

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
    ...and follow focus for my FS7...
    Quote Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
    ...for the 28-135 kit Sony FS7 kit lens?
    If your hoping to use a Follow Focus with the 28-135mm you'll likely need to add a gear onto the lens. Unfortunately there isn't an elegant solution for this mod.

3. Collapse Details
    I have a 3 stage Petroff I bought used when new ones sold for around $1k + depending on configuration.
    Petroff simplified the line down to one model and moved production to Europe.
    Now a complete new two-stage 142mm kit including top and side flags is only $380. Got to be the best quality and lightest weight in an inexpensive matte box. Very tough but lightweight polymer/fiber construction that is lighter than anything but carbon fiber. Handles up to 4x6" filters with user choice of filter holders with the package.

http://petroff.ws

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz16mm View Post
    I have a 3 stage Petroff I bought used when new ones sold for around $1k + depending on configuration.
    Petroff simplified the line down to one model and moved production to Europe.
    Now a complete new two-stage 142mm kit including top and side flags is only $380. Got to be the best quality and lightest weight in an inexpensive matte box. Very tough but lightweight polymer/fiber construction that is lighter than anything but carbon fiber. Handles up to 4x6" filters with user choice of filter holders with the package.

http://petroff.ws
    No pricing at the webpage, and couldn't find them locally in Poland either. Any link to EU on-line retailer that has them in stock? Thanks

Piotr

PS. Ooops - sorry; after putting an item to the basket the price is shown!
    Camera: Sony PXW-FS7, Shogun Inferno; lenses: Sony 28-135mm F4, Canon 16-35mm & 24-70mm F4 on Speed Booster
    Editing System: DaVinci Resolve Studio; Asus X-99 Pro/USB31; i7-5960X CPU; 64 GB RAM; 2x GTX 1080 8GB GPU; 480 GB SSD system drive; 4x 3TB WD Black in RAID 0; 1TB M.2 NVMe cache drive; Decklink 4K Extreme 12G driving calibrated Samsung SUHD grading/delivery monitor

5. Collapse Details
    Just wanted to throw another option in this thread for those that may be looking for something that delivers a solid build quality and function (which will be based more on everyone's individual needs) at an affordable price point...

I just received my JTZ DP30 4x4 Carbon Fiber Matte Box (available off Amazon) and set it up. I'm actually pretty impressed with it all around; the build, the finish and included components are pretty great. It is a 2-Stage matte box with one rotating stage. It includes side flags and 19mm rod block - if you need it. Not that it probably matters to most people but the knobs and tighteners are all silver/gray - which I personally prefer to the plethora of red and blue knobs out there. It's even got a pretty handy front/top handle mounted to the matte box frame which I think will be pretty useful when moving the rig around.

To be honest, I'm pretty shocked no one has mentioned or talked about this matte box...at least those of use who are looking to stay within a certain budget. Initially I was looking at Tilta's offerings but also just shopping around that Tilta-level price range and literally just stumbled upon this one as I was exploring Amazon. Since there was ZERO information / reviews out there (that I could find anyway) on this matte box I would NOT have taken the gamble if it wasn't on Amazon though. It is also "Fulfilled by Amazon" which means worst case the return would be a breeze but this matte box is, in my opinion, far removed from that.

Just wanted to share and hopefully it'll help someone else in the market (like I was) and potentially help out a company that is manufacturing some quality gear...at least this particular piece of kit.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalinnovations View Post
    Just wanted to throw another option in this thread for those that may be looking for something that delivers a solid build quality and function (which will be based more on everyone's individual needs) at an affordable price point...

I just received my JTZ DP30 4x4 Carbon Fiber Matte Box (available off Amazon) and set it up. I'm actually pretty impressed with it all around; the build, the finish and included components are pretty great. It is a 2-Stage matte box with one rotating stage. It includes side flags and 19mm rod block - if you need it. Not that it probably matters to most people but the knobs and tighteners are all silver/gray - which I personally prefer to the plethora of red and blue knobs out there. It's even got a pretty handy front/top handle mounted to the matte box frame which I think will be pretty useful when moving the rig around.

To be honest, I'm pretty shocked no one has mentioned or talked about this matte box...at least those of use who are looking to stay within a certain budget. Initially I was looking at Tilta's offerings but also just shopping around that Tilta-level price range and literally just stumbled upon this one as I was exploring Amazon. Since there was ZERO information / reviews out there (that I could find anyway) on this matte box I would NOT have taken the gamble if it wasn't on Amazon though. It is also "Fulfilled by Amazon" which means worst case the return would be a breeze but this matte box is, in my opinion, far removed from that.

Just wanted to share and hopefully it'll help someone else in the market (like I was) and potentially help out a company that is manufacturing some quality gear...at least this particular piece of kit.
    Interesting. I see that they are part of Fotga. I guess it's their new higher end stuff? The cages and base plates look interesting too. They have a EVF in some of their pics too, but that is not listed for sale anywhere. I don't see a single review anywhere either, and their facebook page mentions that they WON'T be at NAB this year. That's a shame as it would have been a good way to get more eyes and hands on their stuff to see if it's up to snuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12