1. Collapse Details
    nikkor look compare to canon
    Hi,
    i recorded video with a prime nikkor 28mm 2.8 and canon 18-55 (at 28mm) and i compared and i didnt see much difference.

Do you guys see differences in terms of images ?

I'm on a 15inches portable computer so maybe i don't see all the nuances maybe ?

Thanks in advance,
    Deleuze3

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by deleuze3 View Post
    Hi,
    i recorded video with a prime nikkor 28mm 2.8 and canon 18-55 (at 28mm) and i compared and i didnt see much difference.

Do you guys see differences in terms of images ?

I'm on a 15inches portable computer so maybe i don't see all the nuances maybe ?

Thanks in advance,
    Deleuze3
    It will depend to some extent on what camera you use. I have both of those lenses and on a Blackmagic cinema camera in RAW the difference is pretty clear, with the Nikkor 28mm being a much finer image in pretty much every aspect.

On my T2-i nothing makes much difference because it is such a low-resolution video capture to start with.

Also, lens differences don;t always show up in just any thing you shoot. There are certain scenes that will look pretty much the same on an iPhone.
    But when the images become more complex, the quality of the lens will start to show through a lot more.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    The nikkor 28mm AIS is an incredible lens with really close focus and sharp as a tack without losing the organic look and depth rendering.

Lens sharpness, any aberrations and bokeh are easy to compare and describe. It's far more difficult to describe the nikkor AIS look vs the EOS look but there definitely is a difference in how the glass affects the image. The AIS Prime look for me is a sharp detailed refined yet organic image and when the tele primes (85 f2 bargain price lens) are opened up they produce some beautiful soft bokeh.