Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by henryqiu View Post
    50 @f1.2 x1.6 crop => a unique in-camera dreamy effect added to every photo

however, if you want to own a 50mm lens, many would recommend sigma 50 f1.4 art for its obvious sharpness when wide open.

50 f1.2 is very different from Canon's f1.4 or f1.8 versions, is probably the smallest lightest L lens, and is almost completely weather sealed. Sigma's f1.4 art is bigger, heavier, and sharper (at same aperture) than 50 f1.2.
    The 1.2 is actually quite a heavy lens, and balances really poorly even on a 1D, despite how short it is. My 135L is way lighter.

It's hard to do anything at 1.2 focus wise, but with the DPAF on my 1DX II I can really accomplish a lot. Stopped down it's still nice, too, but it's definitely not the sharpest lens but makes up for it with other qualities. Just gotta be careful, 'cause there's a lot of chromatic aberration from it too. That can be corrected in camera, to an extent, but not with every camera.

2. Collapse Details
    The 50mm f1.2 is a superb lens. I love it. For video and stills, works for anything.

3. Collapse Details
    Had my 24mm-70mm 2.8 and always thought it was ok even if i wanted the 50mm, not until i used the 50mm 1.4, to me the difference was almost day and night in a 6D and it has never left that camera, i use other cameras instead if i want to change lenses i get paranoid that it will somehow change the setting of the lens.

4. Collapse Details
    The entry level Canon 50mm 1.8 AF is a terrible lens wide open, imho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12