1. Collapse Details
    Focus peoking & zebra. Possible for GH2 through firmware add-on ?
    Hi. I was wondering if there still have some people interested to develop and add new functions for gh2 ? the twom main ones that are still missing, for me, are focus peaking & zebra. Is there "workers" interested enough for this ? I know it's possible, other brands like Sony did add those through firmware updates for their own cams before.

Are there any competent people on DVX that can pull this off ?

Thanks to answer & share your opinion(s).

2. Collapse Details
    I doubt anyone is working on GH2 anymore, with all the new cameras. You can get a relatively cheap G7 with zebras and focus peaking.

If you want to stay with GH2, there are HDMI monitors that have zebras and focus peaking built-in.

Like this one:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...hdmi_lcd.html#

There's a used one in that link for $150 ^

3. Collapse Details
    My only issue with the gh2 hdmi is that it forces you to 1080/30psf, wish I could get other resolutions and frame rates when hdmi is connected.

4. Collapse Details
    I have no issue with 30fps. With the right lens and coloring, you can get a cinematic look. To me, it looks more fluid for the web.

Either way, I don't think it's worth spending too much on the GH2 while the G7 is an option (100mbps 4k/peaking/zebras)....in addition to other 4k cams available now. They had them open box during the holidays for $399. I'm sure once the GH5 comes out, the G7 price is going to permanently drop. Takes the same batteries as the GH2.