Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone making Christian films here?
    Chapelgrove Films
    I don't want to violate the board rules, so I'm not looking to have a discussion here. But I'm considering starting a Christian Film Festival. If there are any indie filmmakers here who make Christian films, please PM me and let's talk privately.

Thanks!
    David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

2. The post by Quality is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality View Post
    I don't think anyone makes Christian films here, for obvious reasons.
    You are very wrong. I am not one but there are many here who make Christian films.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
    50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

4. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic Filmworks View Post
    You are very wrong. I am not one but there are many here who make Christian films.
    Well those who do, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!
    David W. Richardson
    Writer/Producer/Director/Editor
    Chapel Grove Films
    Celtic Cross Films
    Bliss Video Productions
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1400903/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

5. Collapse Details
    I do, and I've stirred up some controversy on here a while back because of them

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality View Post
    I don't think anyone makes Christian films here, for obvious reasons.
    On the contrary, astounding number of people do: f.ex. Brandon Rice and Kyle Prohaska both of whom have a pretty extensive and impressive filmography. In fact, I'd say almost the opposite: there are more active Christian filmmakers who participate on these boards than almost any other genre - and even if some don't make strictly speaking Christian films, they are strongly guided by their Christian faith (Matt Sconce, Nathyn Brendan Masters and many others). I don't want to speak for anybody, this is just from my own recollection of interaction on dvxuser.

I think it's unfair to imply that there is some kind of reason why Christian filmmakers would not be participants on dvxuser - they are filmmakers like any of us, and deserve the same respect and support. Nothing says that we should all only work in one genre, or one is better than another, that's a matter of personal choice and taste. I have nothing but respect for any filmmaker here, no matter what subject matter they choose.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I make Jewish films....
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCorpse View Post
    I think it's unfair to imply that there is some kind of reason why Christian filmmakers would not be participants on dvxuser...
    As has been pointed out, there are several. The mechanics of filmmaking are universal no matter the genre, and so long as the conversation stays there then it's well within the purposes of DVXUser. Likewise, the underlying logistics of hosting a film festival are fairly universal.

Once the conversation shifts to religious commentary, discussions of theology, etc., it falls under "No Proselytizing" in the "Eight Ps" of our forum guidelines.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

10. Collapse Details
    I do! Lots of non profits and Christian work here in Nashville. I shot a feature doc with my Dad (who shot most of it unfortunately) that went to theaters and was the #1 fathom event film of all time. Sold out in the entire south and beat Steve Jobs movie the day it was showing. http://chondamovie.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast