1. Collapse Details
    Editing AG-DVX100b footage
    issue resolved

Last edited by D M; 09-07-2016 at 02:11 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    You might want to try Sony Movie Studio...pretty cheap and I believe it can edit 24pa natively on a 24p timeline.
    Hope this helps.
    Ken

3. Collapse Details
    I'm having trouble downloading Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (via both the Sony MS downloaded and the standalone)... so for no luck there as yet.

Thanks for the response though! If I can manage to download Sony MS, it seems it will be just what I need.

4. Collapse Details
    I realized my questions might've been somewhat muddled - added a tl;dr...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by D M View Post
    ISSUE RESOLVED

I have an AG-DVX100b and would like to shoot in 24p. I have read that it is ideal to shoot in 24pA and then capture at FPS 29.97 to prevent dropped frames. However, that source was a guide for editing with FinalCut Pro, and I am considering using WinDV to capture the video, and then editing with the 32 bit version of Adobe Elements (which no longer has a video capture feature). The configuration settings on WinDV are very simple, but the website states that one of the programs features is, "no dropped frames - memory buffering."

I'm not exceedingly concerned with mega high quality footage, but I'd still like my video to look as clean as possible. If anyone has experience with any of these programs/camera, I'd like to know if it's feasible to shoot in 24pA, capture with WinDV, and then import to Elements (before I invest $100 for the Elements license).

Are there particular settings I need to attend to? Is WinDV's "no dropped frames" claim a sure thing? Or are there programs better than Elements (must be 32 bit) that would make easier editing this camera's footage?

TL;DR

If I capture with WinDV and edit with Adobe Elements 14, do I need to be concerned about removing the 2:3:3:2 pulldown?
    If you're going to do this, then you shouldn't shoot 24pA. You should only shoot 24pA if you're going to remove the pulldown. If you're not, as you are not here, then don't shoot 24pA.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.