Thread: Zhiyun Crane

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by david_p View Post
    i think there are a few functions that will work with that camera but i don't thin "focusing" is one of them.
    thanks for the response, encouraged me to try more. yes I understood that the focusing was a feature of the newly announced but not yet available larger model. To answer my own question it seems, I could be wrong, that the Crane is rather picky about turning the Crane on first then the Camera when the USB cord is attached. With the A7s(v1) I still can't get it to activate the record button but I can get it to zoom the 18-105.

2. Collapse Details
    i just got the Crane 2 today and cannot get dynamic balance on my 1DXmkII or my A7sII with its battery grip attached. both are too "top heavy.

question...are you supposed to have the camera balanced like the Ronin where it doesn't "fall" in any direction prior to powering up the gimbal? I'm thinking the answer is an absolute "yes" but don't see how i can do this with these 2 camera setups. if i take off the battery grip on the A7s then yes i can see it working but i bought this thing because of its tremendous capacity to hold more weight.

i did power up with the 1DxmkII even though it was not properly balanced but the camera all of a sudden dropped forward nearly smashing the sigma 8-16mm lens into the bottom motor of the gimbal.

i also powered up the A7sII (with battery grip on the Crane 2 and although it was not dynamically balanced it still seemed to work ok. still the 1DXmkII on the gimbal seemed to over power the motor strength.

I've been searching high and low for a video dealing with this and have not found any. i even seen the FS5 on this gimbal but "no" setup procedures.

david
    Last edited by david_p; 10-20-2017 at 07:35 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    announced at CES today. thoughts?

http://www.newsshooter.com/2018/01/1...ject-tracking/
    Camera operator, video editor, motion graphics artist, break dancer
    use at work: Panasonic DVX200, HPX-300, HPX-250, HPX-2700, Grass Valley LDK 3000, Canon 5D III
    gear: Panasonic GH4, Olympus 12-40mm, Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm and 25mm, Canon XA10, Came-Single gimbal, Benro C2573FS6 tripod, Varavon Slidecam Lite 800

4. Collapse Details
    Cool. Zhiyun continues to lead the pack (actually, they left everyone behind with their first gimbal). The motion tracking was already available on their phone gimbals. I have the phone gimbal (Zhiyun Smooth), but have not had a need to use the motion tracking, so I don't know how well it works. It probably works ok if you don't expect too much out of it from what I have seen in the demo videos.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637