Thread: Zhiyun Crane

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 288
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Samuel H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    7,306
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    I have a feiyu MG lite, which is similar in design to the crane, and spent a while figuring out an easier quick release system. I tried some smaller QR plates like the Manfrotto, and it raised the camera and made it too top heavy and unable to balance. It seems counter-intuitive, but what ended up working was a bigger, heavier QR plate. While it raised the camera the same height, with the heavier QR plate the overall balance shifted lower and I was able to balance the camera again. So try a heavier, solid metal qr plate and see if it works. Makes your rig heavier, although not too much to handle in my case.
    When I was using the a7S on the N4000 I had this problem too. Instead of going for a heavier QR system, I went even-lower-center-of-gravity: I attached the QR base to the gimbal using a longer screw, and on the lower side of the gimbal plate I introduced some heavy washers. Cheap and effective. The only downside is that it brings you closer to the gimbal's maximum weight limit.


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Batutta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Planet 10
    Posts
    7,152
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    When I was using the a7S on the N4000 I had this problem too. Instead of going for a heavier QR system, I went even-lower-center-of-gravity: I attached the QR base to the gimbal using a longer screw, and on the lower side of the gimbal plate I introduced some heavy washers. Cheap and effective. The only downside is that it brings you closer to the gimbal's maximum weight limit.
    I tried weights but they ended up restricting the tilt axis, also like the cleaner appearance of just the bigger QR base. The weight limit of the MG Lite is 4.4lbs. I haven't hit the limit yet, and I've mounted a Rokinon Cine lens, speedbooster, rail and electric follow focus motor on it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." - W.C. Fields


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member cpreston's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    783
    Default
    In order to get a quick release to balance on my crane, I disconnected the mounting plate from the crane and flipped it so that it was underneath the lip of the tilt arm and then reattached the plate. It works really well for the 577 style quick releases.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member soarprod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Costa Mesa /OC /California
    Posts
    1,591
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    In order to get a quick release to balance on my crane, I disconnected the mounting plate from the crane and flipped it so that it was underneath the lip of the tilt arm and then reattached the plate. It works really well for the 577 style quick releases.
    Picture?


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Senior Member cpreston's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    783
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Picture?
    IMG_0857.JPG


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Samuel H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    7,306
    Default
    Neat!


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Default
    I found out this website (italian) stated there is a new 2017 crane with QR plate
    http://www.proav.it/zhiyun-crane-nuova-versione/

    Is this true?
    my cametv single battery dies again /sign
    I am really looking forward for the crane


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,736
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2003 View Post
    I found out this website (italian) stated there is a new 2017 crane with QR plate
    The handle looks a little shorter too.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    481
    Default
    It looks like the QR portion could theoretically be retro'd onto an older one. The actual arm doesn't look very different.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Osslund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,211
    Default
    Maybe they have changed battery to the fatter version thus making the handle shorter? Anyways if true it's good because the handle is to long.
    It's a Sony


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •