1. Collapse Details
    2 major issues with my gh4 - no auto focus and no aperture control
    Question
    Hey guys so i recently bought a used gh4 off amazon, works well, but am having some issues. So i decided to skip the 4/3 lenses and go straight to the lens turbo ll focal reducer / speed booster, with a tamron 18-200 refurb lens.
    So here are my problems
    Firstly i am shooting in no lens mode since i have a focal reducer on, this may play into my issues
    1. i have no auto focus in any photo or video modes, i have continuous af on in the settings as well afs/aff or afc selected on the dial next too the EVF, plus the lens switch on AF, still no auto focus in picture or video mode, and yes i have tried a multitde of combos to try and get the AF to work, still doesnt work in any setting.
    2. I have no control of my aperture while in motion picture mode, yes i am in manual exposure mode, and yes i have tried the other modes as well
    When i am looking at the bottom of my screen, from left to right, it shows my metering mode, then my aperture which is stuck on 0.0, and then my shutter speed, like it should
    but when i click fn2 for quick menu my aperture will not come up with the shutter speed and the rest of them, and it will also not let me select the "F" when i click the little camera icon on the side bar....
    I switched out of no lens to see if it would change anything, knowing i wouldnt be able to take a picture, yet it still wouldnt let me select aperture in the quick menu or the side bar.
    Pls help me out in anyway possible!

2. Collapse Details
    That speedbooster is a dumb adapter. You can't control the lens with it. Only manual control. Only speedbooster that lets you use focus and aperture controls in camera is the Metabones with Canon EF lenses, and from what I've heard even that has issues. If you want those features buy native mft lenses.
    Last edited by Batutta; 07-24-2016 at 12:16 PM.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

3. Collapse Details
    Go native mft lenses and don't look back. You will be glad you did.
    Regards,

Mark

GH5, Panasonic 12-60, 14-45, 45-175, Olympus 60 macro, 75-300, Benro S6 Tripod, Rhino Carbon 24" Slider, and Edius 8.5 WG.
    Video channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/3523
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29#1/2063

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
    Go native mft lenses and don't look back. You will be glad you did.
    Depends what you're doing. For narrative work, or anything where you want a cinematic look, I'd stick with the speedbooster. Anything else native MFT.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.