1. Collapse Details
    No auto focus on GH4 w/ lens turbo ll
    Question
    Hey guys i just recently got a gh4 and decided to get a zhongyi lens turbo focal reducer, but when i use it (with a tamron 18-200) it doesnt seem to auto focus in any mode. With the focal reducer i have to put the camera in no lens mode which i think is the reason why it isnt letting me auto focus at all. Please let me know how to solve this problem!!

-Cal

2. Collapse Details
    That focal reducer is manual only. Only Speedbooster that allows autofocus is the Metabones with Canon lenses.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

3. Collapse Details
    Yup. Batutta is exactly correct.
    It's a bummer I know...
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

4. Collapse Details
    ah man oh well, but i also came into the problem that i also cant control my aperture. On the bottom of my screen, going left to right, it shows my metering icon, my aperture at 0.0, and then my shutter speed, but when i press quick menu aperture doesnt come up with with the metering bar or SS. I also cant select the F icon in the right bar with the camera icon. What is going on!

Anything helps, thanks

5. Collapse Details
    When Batutta said manual only, he meant it! I have the same focal reducer, and it has no electronic contacts or circuitry for aperture control from the camera.
    Save up for a speedbooster and sell this reducer to fund it.

6. Collapse Details
    Actually that ZhongYi focal reducer will work quite well with the right lenses, those with an aperture control ring and manual focusing ring. I don't know anything about your Tamron 18-200 but pulling it up on B&H the illustration looks like it has no manual aperture ring. So it looks to me like that lens is not at all a good candidate for use with a focal reducer.

What lens mount is your ZhongYi?

I have the RJ focal reducer which is somewhat similar to yours, mine is for Nikon F mount lenses. The vintage Nikkors I've picked up all have manual aperture rings and silky smooth manual focus rings. The camera (GH4, G7, & GX7) is set for manual mode, shutter is set at 1/60th, ISO for the lighting conditions, aperture set with the lens aperture ring (readout in the camera is always 0.0 because there is no electronic communication with the lens), and focus is adjusted with the lens focusing ring. You can still adjust exposure with the meter as the camera system still reads the amount of light falling on the sensor.

With the focal reducer, actual aperture will be one stop "open" from what is marked on the aperture ring on the lens.

If you are dependent on auto features, stick with "native" m4/3 lenses that work with the camera features.