Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Camp Videos - Lots of Slow motion Goodness
    I've been a little reluctant to post the weekly camp videos we've been shooting for the past couple of years but here goes. This is Week 2 of this year (If you want to see more you can look at all the other week for 2015 and 2016). We film 1 day a week and overnight edit each week.

Lots of FS7 footage but also some GoPro and RX100 II (shot by non-professionals throughout the week).

Some of the Gear...
    Cameras: FS7, GoPro Hero 3+ Black and some Hero 4 Black, RX100 II, occassional iphone
    Main Lenses: Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 150-600 C, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 50mm art for interview, metabones Speedbooster and Sigma MC-11 adapter
    Support: Steadicam Pilot, Ikan fly-x3 Gimbal for GoPro, Kessler Cineslider, Some phantom Drone footage, Manfrotto Monopod, Manfrotto 504 Head, induro 505 legs

Enjoy!

Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

2. Collapse Details
    Looks very nice and it's a cool idea.
    There so much work in this business if you want to find it.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Doug, I totally agree. If your good, sooner or later the work finds you.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by egproductions View Post
    Thanks Doug, I totally agree. If your good, sooner or later the work finds you.
    I would love to have a vid like this if i was a kid attending a camp.

Really good work for such short turnaround too, keep it up.

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you Martin.

Just wrapped up Week 8 of both the girls and boys camps. Total of 16 highlights in 8 week. 16 days of filming, 8 All nighters, and literally 1,000 kids asking me how expensive my camera is.

Here is week 8 for the boys camp. Some fun footage at the infamous action park waterpark (mountain creek) in NJ:

6. Collapse Details
    Great stuff. I bet everybody loves it. Is it just you running around with all of this gear?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Is it just you running around with all of this gear?
    Someone on the camp side goes around with me to different activities. In the camp they have John Deer Gators that we can move around with. I find it easiest to generally work out of the back of that as a micro production van. Steadicam is already balanced so instead of docking it, I'll just lay it down and I'll do some small adjustments on the fly. Also pack an ice cold water bladder and lots of sunscreen.

8. Collapse Details
    I'm at it again this summer at two camps. That's 8 weeks, 16 videos and a lot of all night editing sessions. The hardest is when I'm filming the whole day out in the sun and then have to do an all night edit...wrapping up at around noon the next day. On those days, around 4am my body and mind are really hurting.

This year I'm shooting with anything from the FS7, 5D IV, GoPro Hero 6 and Mavic Pro. Also Keep in mind that some of the footage is shot by people in the camp on iphones to supplement the days i'm not in camp.

That being said, we are already 6 weeks in. Here is the latest installment. Enjoy!

9. Collapse Details
    why such insanely fast turnarounds? yikes. kudos for getting it done but that's not healthy!
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 / A7Sii Owner / Operator
    MoVi Pro

10. Collapse Details
    As usual, great stuff Egg! These types of edits take a lot out of you. You are working in a really quick turnaround situation with the number of these you have to do. I hope your compensation is reflective of the amazing product you are creating.

The drone shots really elevate the edit. I wish I had more of a use for one so I could justify a purchase. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast