1. Collapse Details
    AC 90 card failure?
    Has anyone been doing a long recording in dual card redundant mode and had one card fail but the other continue?
    Wondering how safe this is for a one camera event...

2. Collapse Details
    I'll answer 4 months later... I've never had it happen. I've actually never had an SD card fail on me. But, in the event of a card failure, it's designed to work that way. The other card continues like nothing happened.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey thanks Horsefilms. Yeah it's a great idea in theory. I was wondering if anyone actually experienced it. I've not had a card fail before either. I was thinking about using the AC90A on a cheap one camera dance recital. I've never used just one camera before on a recital but the shrinking income doesn't justify more than one.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Hey thanks Horsefilms. Yeah it's a great idea in theory. I was wondering if anyone actually experienced it. I've not had a card fail before either. I was thinking about using the AC90A on a cheap one camera dance recital. I've never used just one camera before on a recital but the shrinking income doesn't justify more than one.
    You might find this of interest:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...+backup+record

Make sure your camera has Backup shooting mode as opposed to simultaneous or dual recording.

Al

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks also to you Alchroma. I was aware the AC130/160 didn't really do a backup but rather dual recording and if one card stopped they both stopped. The AC90 after our complaints and input to Panasonic from Barry changed it so it's a backup for safety.