1. Collapse Details
    Canon XF300 2016 Firmware Update
    Bronze Member

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Just attempted to update the firmware, did all as instructed, no completed message came up, the camera switched off and the card and tally lights stay on, nothing works or operates!! What the f*** have you done Canon!!!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I am sorry to hear about your firmware update issue. I hope you got it fixed. I downloaded the upgrade and got it installed in just under 5 minutes. It works fine. The CP gamma presets are somewhat buried and you have to set them up to do comparisons. The HDR function and highlight roll off work very well. It is too bad that these updates don't apply to the XF-105. I have to intercut a lot with that camera so it negates some of the usefulness of the new upgrades. The lower light noise reduction also is very good, especially when looking at footage on a studio monitor. I appreciate Canon trying to pro-long the life in this camera I've grown to love since it first came out, but it would be nice if they came out with a 4K version including one that had good slow motion.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Had to send it to Canon, should get it back soon and all restored with the new firmware.

5. Collapse Details
    Where are they buried?

6. Collapse Details
    Found them!

7. Collapse Details
    Same thing as lovecameras ... my xf305 just ended dead after firmware update (1.0.8.0.) ...guy in Canon service told us that he have to replace mainboard. Is it possible??? To kill mainboard by updating firmware??? There is no warnings about that on Canon website.

8. Collapse Details
    We're a video production company with an in house XF305, I'm a little concerned by the idea of a firmware update killing the kit! How worried should I be?

9. Collapse Details
    I know some people have had trouble with this, but with a clean card and following the instructions, I had no problem doing the firmware install. Took about 10 minutes from download to firmware install. It adds a few interesting gamma settings - that are buried in the menus. They work pretty well. I have loved this camera for many years. Its time Canon released an upgrade.