Thread: laptop

1. Collapse Details
    laptop
    Okay not sure where to post this? I got to get a inexpensive laptop for the field on a shoot coming up that is out of town. I'm going to do some rough editing to make sure we got all of our shots. I'm shooting on a 4k camera. Should I go after a laptop that has 4k screen or one that has the gaming card? Or ??????? Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    For rough cuts you don't need to go to the expense of a 4K screen (especially as they're usually only found on larger machines). You can cut 4K on a normal 1080 screen without issue as long as you have a sufficiently specced laptop. Ideally you want a machine with a discrete graphics card of reasonable quality and with a decent amount of VRAM. Unfortunately, without knowing what your definition of inexpensive is, I can't say whether a laptop with such features would fit into it.

3. Collapse Details
    Four years is a long time to wait for an answer. I'm sure his shoot has come and gone

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    Four years is a long time to wait for an answer. I'm sure his shoot has come and gone
    Weird - I didn't look at that as it came up under the 'What's New' link.

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it was because a new user replied to it first with a link to some laptop website. The mods mercifully have deleted the post (and possibly the account as well).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.