Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I was pleasantly surprised by my CMOS cameras that they didn't have more rolling shutter problems than they do. I was expecting worse. But I still like the old global shutter CCD cams for helicopters, cars, stripes and flashes , hahaha

2. Collapse Details
    Just used my hmc 150 cameras at two more dance recitals this weekend. 720 60p at one and 1080 30p at the other. Still looking good but i dislike that lousy low res low quality LCD screen!

3. Collapse Details
    I have six of them and I use them nearly every weekend. Mostly do theater, concerts (live switch), cheer and dance, recitals, and figure skating. Looking at upgrading to ux 180 but will probably never dump my 150's.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm also still using mine. I would like to upgrade to the UX180 too but am just too cheap.
    AG-HMC150, HMC-40, Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c, Sony PCM D-50, JVC GR HD-1

5. Collapse Details
    Sold mine after 6 years of ownership It was my first real pro piece of gear, so I was a bit sad to see it go. It still produces great quality in certain aspects. The CCDs are wonderful for motion and the color science is really top notch. In fact I wish my newer cameras could mimic its color better.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I still use mine for weddings, depositions, recitals, events, speakers, etc... 8 years and going strong. But yes, it is time to upgrade so looking at HC X1 and probably a GH5.

7. Collapse Details
    I am still extremely happy for mine and use it all the time.
    They are beginning to get sold quite cheaply here in Denmark now, I suspect people are moving on to 4k, and I am planning to buy 1 used.
    I am shooting theatre performances and also planning to buy a UX180.
    With the UX180 and 2 hmc151, I will be quite happy and won´t need to rent additional cams. For quite a while it should be possible to do small teasers alone on the 180 (meaning 4K) and longer and full performances in 1080p.
    Wondering how they fit together though, but it sounds like they fit quite nicely.

8. Collapse Details
    I just purchased a pristine, low mileage (185 hours on the clock) Panny HMC150 for legal video work: depositions, medical exams and site inspections. The legal video profession is transitioning from SD to HD and most of my clients are now requiring HD. I've been shooting SD with a pair of Sony DSR 250 cameras (arguably the best SD depo camera ever made) and HD with a Panny GH3. I love working with the GH3 but its inability to burn in date & time on the video has been a major hassle. I've been using SuperDVDate in post to add date and time but it is time consuming and a PITA.

The list of HD cameras that will burn in date and time is very short and I wanted to stay in the Panasonic family because of my excellent experience with my DVX100a and DVX100b cameras over the years for news, documentary and corporate work. I looked at the AC130 and AC160 but couldn't see spending $3k to $4k for an AVCHD only camera. If I were going to spend that much, I'd plunk down an extra grand and buy a DVX200. I stumbled across a few reviews of the HMC150 and downloaded Panny's HMC150 brochure and was delighted to confirm that it will super date and time on video and even down-convert HD to SD and output in 4:3 as required by a couple of my clients.

There were over a dozen HMC150's on eBay and their condition varied considerably, along with their prices. I settled on one from Adorama because it came with a 30-day money-back guarantee plus a 90-day warranty. They were asking $1100 and I offered $900. We settled on $1,000 and it arrived a few days later. It looks like a slightly larger version of my DVX100b, with similar positions for controls and buttons. I was instantly comfortable with it and I am delighted with the video and audio quality, more than sufficient for legal video work.

The only noteworthy negatives I've found are it's limited to SDHC cards with a maximum size of "only" 32GB. From a practical sense, this is not a deal-breaker because at 1080/30p each card will hold over three hours of video. I bought a dozen of the SanDisk Ultra Class 10 cards for $13 each, so I'm set. The other negative is the finder/LCD resolution. Both seem lifted directly from the DVX100b, with identical size and pixel counts. Definitely not HD but good enough for most purposes. When shooting depos, I use an Atomos Ninja Blade with SSD's for recording "backup" and the Ninja's 5-inch screen is HD and makes up for any shortcomings of the camera's screens.

All in all, I'm very impressed with my "new" camera that I got for little more than a song. I'll be 70 in June and expect this will be my last "depocam." It does everything I need it to (and then some) and the price was right.
    Last edited by Mike Parker; 03-01-2017 at 05:10 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Still have and use four of them. They are amazing.
    LegacyHDV.com
    MacPro | 8 Core, 20gb memory | Lion | FCS2/FCPX | Encore | (4) HMC150s

10. Collapse Details
    Shot 3 dance recitals today and used 3 AG-HMC150s along with AG-AC90A AG-HMC40 and DMC-FZ2500. The old 150s still work good for these events but I still strongly dislike their wretched low-res LCD screens. From now on I'm using an Atomos for a monitor. I think my eyes are getting worse which doesn't help, either ;)

Gotta say the 4K UHD of the FZ2500 and 20X zoom is niiiiiiiice. Man you can count the freckles on the girls faces! Wonderful skin tones too.
    A few of these may eventually replace the others in my lineup, but for now HD is good enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12