1. Collapse Details
    Convergent Design - NAB 2016
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    I've been fortunate to have been working with Convergent Design products ever since the heady days of the NanoFlash. And in all that time, I don't think I've ever dealt with a company who does a better job of listening to what users want, and giving it to them bigger and better than they could have hoped for.

This year, with Sony's announcement of the FS5 Raw Upgrade, CD is locked and loaded, ready to unleash the power of RAW recording for Odyssey 7Q+ and FS5 users. With the 7Q+ and FS5 RAW bundle, you'll be able to record CinemaDNG files up to 4K 60p on the Odyssey. But one of the really amazing features (if I got this right) is going to be the ability to take the RAW signal, apply a look/gamma to it, and record that signal to any flavor of ProRes you want.

They've also got the Apollo multicam switcher/recorder. Our company used it a few weeks ago on a job, and couldn't have been happier with how it performs. Like everything CD makes, it just works. And if you already own an Odyssey, there's an upgrade path to give your recorder the features Apollo offers.

Sadly, I didn't get to see Puppet Mitch this year, but hopefully our paths will cross next NAB.

Check out this link for NAB show deals/discounts...

https://convergent-design.com/nab-2016

IMG_20160420_113303.jpgIMG_20160420_114342.jpgIMG_20160420_114351.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stephen Mick
    Owner/Creative Director
    Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com