Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I have both non-working shutters on hand, I would have had the third, however, after Sony replaced it, they claimed to have accidentally discarded it..... The Sony Service center is a joke, that particular F65 came in with one issue and left with several others! Fortunately, in a bittersweet turn of events, that camera wound up being stolen on a shoot in Oakland, and was replaced through insurance.

Unrelated to the shutter issues of my latest F65, I’m also having another issue. When I dial through the ND’s I’m occasionally getting strange image glitches on my monitor/VF (especially while the filter wheel is turning), and sometimes the image color also momentarily inverts. Could the filter wheel be doing something to the optical cable? What might be the issue? I’m starting to fear that it could be something sensor related...
    Last edited by Zsigmond James; 02-13-2019 at 07:52 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I think you are 100% correct it is the very thin blue cables that run around the rotary/ND. I have unplugged these and also plugged them in backwards and inverted colors is what I got. Check where they plug in also they actually are able to wiggle a lot in their connectors.

Perhaps i can try to revive the two? Keep one in trade.

3. Collapse Details
    Fellow F65 owners, I was lucky enough to snag one of these amazing cameras from Adorama a few months ago. It's a camera I never dreamed I'd own, but as you know, information and support is scarce, so it's good to find this thread. I'd like to try to upgrade to the 4.2 firmware yachacha has generously posted here. My firmware is version 4, does that mean I have the CBK-65EL hardware and update already installed and that I could proceed? Also, have any of you rigged this for handheld with an external rec trigger in a handgrip? Damned if I can see how that would connect. My rig already exceeds 45lbs so handles are a necessity. Thanks in advance.

4. Collapse Details
    You should have the hardware upgrade since, I believe, that was done for free at Sony tech services with v3.00.
    --
    Ed Araquel - Photographer, SMPSP
    http://edaraquel.com
    Sony F65, 2 - A7RIII, A6500 and a mixed bag of Nikon, E mount, and PL mount lenses
    Instagram: @edaphotographer

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnaut View Post
    You should have the hardware upgrade since, I believe, that was done for free at Sony tech services with v3.00.
    Good. Appreciate that, Bitnaut.

6. Collapse Details
    https://vimeo.com/150983655 - features of v3.0 and hardware upgrade
    --
    Ed Araquel - Photographer, SMPSP
    http://edaraquel.com
    Sony F65, 2 - A7RIII, A6500 and a mixed bag of Nikon, E mount, and PL mount lenses
    Instagram: @edaphotographer

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnaut View Post
    https://vimeo.com/150983655 - features of v3.0 and hardware upgrade
    I think that looks really good Ed, thanks for the link. I wonder if you ever put that F65 on your shoulder, and if so, did you just trigger rec with your left hand on the camera body? Still haven't figured how to rig mine. I must be missing something obvious.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123