Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Oh, hahaha I'm such an asshole sometimes when I'm into the beers. Believe me my bark looks way worse in print than it actually is. One of those things I have to constantly remind myself about when texting.
    All is good. Sorry again for sounding like a jerk. Someday I'll get the hang of this internet thing. I really didn't mean it the way it comes across in type. It's missing my...well you get it.
    Moving along...

Your getting things done and delivering and that's always a good thing. Lord knows getting 3D animations completed are a very real struggle.
    Sorry again to get off on the wrong foot.
    I do look forward to more of your work. I could certainly learn some things from you.

-Cheers mate.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    Love your movie, TazG ! Love the design, animation, acting, humor, sound ... really well done !
    Which software did you use for the sound mixing ?
    You got a new fan !

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Anacharsis View Post
    Love your movie, TazG ! Love the design, animation, acting, humor, sound ... really well done !
    Which software did you use for the sound mixing ?
    You got a new fan !
    Thanks very much for the feedback! I cut the film in FCP X, and then sent my audio to Apple's Logic Pro X using X2Pro (via XML). it wasn't a super smooth transition, and I had to clean up the Logic project a little, but once the import glitches were ironed out, the actual mix was a breeze (screenshot below). I made a stereo mix for internet release (that's what's on Vimeo now), but then found out that 2084 had been accepted into a few rapidly approaching festivals. I made a bunch of calls, begged for favors, and got some help from Sonic Magic here in Los Angeles. They used my Logic project (and a few additional stems I exported from FCP X) to create a 5.1 surround mix for festivals. It sounded CRAZY AWESOME in the theaters. I was kind of stunned.

On a side note, I used an iPad app called Voice Synth to create the robot voice. I wrote about that here: http://www.handheldhollywood.com/voi...er-voice-2084/

logic.jpg

4. Collapse Details
    Ignore sourpuss Gord, this is the greatest thread I've seen on dvxuser today!

5. Collapse Details
    Loll IronFilm. I deserved it. I'll try and post some W.I.Ps soon so your all welcome to trash them.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details
    Nice job Taz and thank you for posting your work. It seems these days one has to to have a strong constitution to post anything these days as there seems to always be someone who can't wait to pounce and take someone down.

Gord is actually quite a talented guy and he has a sense of humor I very much appreciate. However, he really did step in it this time.

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah but I mean c'mon. 5 posts Junior member. And that's fine for introducing your video. But to be honest, with all of the other subsequent links looks like a promotion post only.
    I mean let's get real.
    Dvxuser is a community and while this post may get you some views on your video it will not garner you any respect as a member for future work i.m.o
    It is what it is. A cheap where-can-I-promote-my-video post.

I have over 3K posts here. Three THOUSAND. Here's how dvvxuser works:

SHARE and HELP.

You have done neither. I understand the promo thing and this is not an attack on your post. I like the videos and what you've done here.
    Maybe in the future you can help the community in return by contributing help.
    Fair?

-Beers. Cause that's what I do.
    [Market Place] thread...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...sci-fi-comedy-

short&p=1986619346#post1986619346

[User Films] thread:
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...post1986619348

8. Collapse Details
    As we used to say in the business..."Nothing!"

Look. If that's all the response anyone can give then so be it. Be all that. If anything I brought some attention to this sorry ass thread. Want me to be a nice guy? Apparently those who know me offline, from here and elsewhere, seem to think so. So, in my own defense, as if I fking need one, for the NEW guys, -Cheers. If anyone needs any help with anything, let me know. If I can't do it I probably know someone who can. -Cheers fk mthers (Chappie)

//Actually post #13 I missed. Cool. Eeeks. That's better. -Cheers.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-29-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12