Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Project ZEAL - Zack Attack
    Hello all,

I thank you first of all for watching my flick and all those other zombie movies out there are fantastic! Nice work!

Let me know what you think, please be honest.

My log line:
    We all know how to kill a zombie, pretty simple right? But did anyone ever stop to think, what will happen when the zombies are gone? Well, we are here to prevent that. Project ZEAL.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

2. Collapse Details
    As someone who really digs the aesthetic of infomercials, I laughed out loud a couple of times during your piece. You definitely nailed it and the lead 'pitchman' had a great presence.

In my opinion, the keying (while a little rough around the edges) really worked in favor of the overall low-budget infomercial look.

Great job.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks man. I had to really battle with that chroma because I had never used Final Cut's keying system. Though it was lit well, I am used to doing chroma key with Beta Cam not DV. And when it was about 10 minutes from the deadline we gave up. As far as the leadman, all improved baby, as was the entire film. Thanks again.

4. Collapse Details
    Hey
    I just watched it and I liked it. Really done nicely. Was the main guy a zombie in one of the shots behind him? It looked like him. This was well done, creative and funny.
    Brian

5. Collapse Details
    Yea this wan was different which is good. I thought it was well done and funny....this is what would really happen if there were zombies lol

6. Collapse Details
    Tim!

I really really enjoyed this film. My girlfriend and I have been watching films every night, and we were laughing out loud throughout the film. The song at the end was great, and there were tons of lines in there that I loved. "When the zombies say ... we hear ..." hahah. I was dying!

Great Job. ;)

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorxd
    Hey
    I just watched it and I liked it. Really done nicely. Was the main guy a zombie in one of the shots behind him? It looked like him. This was well done, creative and funny.
    Brian
    Thanks Brian,
    The main guy, Simon Savini was not a zombie in any other parts...though the reporter, Basil Greene (aka me) was a zombie in the Zombie Automotive part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody356
    Yea this wan was different which is good. I thought it was well done and funny....this is what would really happen if there were zombies lol
    Thanks Nobody356, I tried to think of an original idea as best as I could (and the short amount of time) and being part of a improv group I had a huge cast to choose from as far as acting. Trying to get them to be extra, not so much. We did start this before all the hurricane craziness, so there wasn't supposed to be any correlation there. And to pick from the 8 hours of footage there and widdle it down to 5 minutes was VERY TOUGH.

Thanks again. Anything I can work on?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Colione
    Tim!

I really really enjoyed this film. My girlfriend and I have been watching films every night, and we were laughing out loud throughout the film. The song at the end was great, and there were tons of lines in there that I loved. "When the zombies say ... we hear ..." hahah. I was dying!

Great Job. ;)
    Thanks Colione!

The song at the end, "We Are The World" esc song was by far my favorite part to record and you guys only got like 30 seconds of it. Everyone who sings has their own short verse part that they make up on the spot. I still crack up everytime I hear the big burly guy (the automotive worker Bob Nash) sing. If you get a chance to see the original "We Are The World" video you can see where some people got their inspirations from when they sang.

9. Collapse Details
    HeHe...This was the last film I saw and it was a releif fro mmost of the films here. I really liked the infomercial style and chessy songs

10. Collapse Details
    I wanted to like this one, I really did. But it just didn't do it for me. Your recreation of the infomercial style was good, but the jokes were just a bit too slow moving for my taste. However, I think that the ButterMaker (or whatever) character was precious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast