Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Laughed my ass of with this one. The guy playing the real estate agent was perfect! The montage had me on the floor, you really explored this concept to its fullest, and that's the best I can possibly say.

2. Collapse Details
    I hoped he didn't kill those kids...what did he do to that kid? Did they play Donkey Kong? I NEED TO KNOW!

Great job though really, I enjoyed it very much. Did you use all natural light outside when the couple are first introduced to the zombie? I looks like a soft fill light was on them...regardless it looked good. To echo the others the zombie makeup was great, acting was great (tough to work with kids, I know), and I also had problems with the compression.

I could of gone either way with the zombie staying a pet or going bad, both worked and I believe you could of pulled off either one. Great job again.

Tim
    aka Zack Attack

3. Collapse Details
    Oh, Trent . . . I told you this somewhere else--forgot to tell you here! I LOVED your short!!! Expertly acted, written, directed, edited. Extremely enjoyable to watch. Very funny. Very slickly executed as well! What a girl . . . hot and talented! GREAT JOB, TRENT!
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

4. Collapse Details
    Nice job Trentess

This is another film that held me throughout; and the acting was great, especially by the lead. He was great. The gags were fun as well; the knocking on the door with the arm, the girl with the pin kscarf saying acting sexy....

Truly an enjoyable short film for me. This film could have really shined with a more experienced DP I think. Nevertheless; it did not waste my time.

(On a technical note; I noticed major interlacing)

5. Collapse Details
    Enjoyed this one! everyone was pulling their weight. Rare feat pulled off here from start to finish. I have to say I thought the montage was "home video" instead of poor compression...
    ____
    Mick

6. Collapse Details
    This was a really fun one to watch. Nice twist at the end.

There was some REALLY lossy compression used for that montage in the middle, which is REALLY unfortunate, because it looked like there was some good stuff in there that I couldn't quite make out.

I liked the real estate agent, good acting. I was also digging the zombie's make up. Good effect on the ear.

"Hey! Want to play Donkey Kong?"- That was so damn cute! Too bad his flesh was about to be ripped from his bones.

Overall: Good script, good execution. I enjoyed myself while watching it.

EDIT: Wow, that last statement sounded strangely sexual...

Yellow #001

7. Collapse Details
    Trent, I ranked this fairly high. Felt it had good production value ... funny & a well thought out story ... however, it suffered from the poor compression, making some spots unwatchable.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the very ending where the zombie was actually the owner & had the realtor bringing him "food", but it was a good twist all the same.

Thanks for a fun 5 minutes.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

8. Collapse Details
    I for one liked the twist that the realtor was working for the zombie. Very clever. You can tell a lot of thought went into writing and rewriting the story in this one. It was very tight, and the product was very enjoyable to watch.
    Great job getting a cast with a lot of age variation - very refreshing. It's not just a bunch of 25-35 year old actors like most of the films I've seen (about half so far).
    Good makeup for the zombie. Just clean up the interlacing.

9. Collapse Details
    The bar on the Zombie Comedies just keeps getting raised!

A very well conceived idea...
    you packaged it very nicely, which is reflected in the high production value.

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Final Design Studios's Avatar
    I loved it. Visually it needed work but everything else was spot on.

Great script, wonderful acting. I love clever shorts like this. Great story. congrats on making something with a full cohesive narrative.
    Now entering year 6 of video production. Wheeee.
    www.tylertv.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast