Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Bargain - Trent
    FOR SALE: House with finished basement, quiet neighborhood, top-rated school system, $135,000. But there's a catch and it's chained up in the backyard.

2. Collapse Details
    LOVED IT!!
    Haven't seen nearly as many of the entries that I would like do to time, but THE BARGAIN was GREAT! Simple, funny, and disgusting, just like a good zombie movie should be! ;-)
    GOOD work!

3. Collapse Details
    I make yours my words, vidled, I loved it! Man, that was one cool Zombie!

Cheers!

PS: Well I guess I already said a lot in that PM I sent you Trent...

PS2: Well, just for discussion's sake, I wasnt so happy when we learned about the whole scheme... I know, it was a way to end the story, and it was effective, but I liked the zombie better when he was just a supid zombie...

4. Collapse Details
    Hey taubkin,
    on your PS2: I agree with that 100%.
    For me it could of ended with them just having a pet-Zombie, and I would enjoyed it all the same. More? Not sure. But very good point that, taubkin!
    Also, the "explanation" at the end is just a hair too long. The viewer gets what was going on, but the punchline drags out just a little too long. No biggie though.
    From all the ones I have seen, this would be my favourite.

5. Collapse Details
    This one was really good. The acting by the supposed real estate agent, I thought was dead on. The zombie looked really good too. The compression was kinda weak, not that I judge you on that, but it would have been a bit better if the compression was better. The story was also very original. GOod job.

6. Collapse Details
    Loved it and totally agree with everything said above. I have only seen like 10 out of 79 films, but this one is in my Top 3

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah with the compression we tried to get another one done but it was getting really to close to cut off time and I had to put what we had...

I will talk to the producing team about the "drag" at the end... we had one scene we would have killed to have in there but because of time we had to cut it… if we tighten the ending we might be able to fit it in.

Thanks for the comments.

8. Collapse Details
    Entertaining, a good story with a bit of plot to it, rare for a short. I didn't think that the lighting or framing was on par with the story, it could have been much more interesting, and the compression was a bit of a problem. Overall, a good effort and entertaining to watch.

9. Collapse Details
    I've watched half of the films so far. Of the funny ones... this one is probably one of the most enjoyable and watchable. Meaning, I could let anyone see it... not just folks with my wierd sense of humor... and know that they will get a chuckle from it. I agree with the others about compression... when going head to head with other movies as good... it's hard not favor a competitor. But I'm sure it looks great.

1) Comedy with the best STORY in my opinion so far . Wasn't just a spectale of funny images, it had a good punchline at the end. Pacing was good...it never seemed rushed. Editing was good... great use of J- cuts... and the home movie footage was classic!! I think the zombie turning evil made for a interesting piece. You could have kept him nice and wrote a different short... but you didn't... and it works... at least for me it did.

2) I think acting was superb.... especially zombie (his makeup looked great!) and real estate agent... but good performance all around... even from the kids.

3) Music was really good... funny

Nothing to criticize from me. Even the low budget sfx works in a funny way. Great job... top 5 for me.
    2 x GH5's, 2 x GH4's
    Tokina 11-16 DX, Panny 12-35, Sigma 18-35, Sigma 50-150 HSM
    Pix-E5, Pix-E5H, 2 x MustHD 7", Benro Tripods, Ronin-M, Zhiyun Crane

10. Collapse Details
    I thought this was really funny and well done....It had a good story and thats the most important thing. I wish the compression was better but I dealt with that. I liked the ending, but the whole thing felt like I'd seen before somewhere...maybe I'm making things up but it reminded me of something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast