Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    INFECTION--NBCshooter
    After seeing a few of your films already, I don't think I even deserve my own thread. Great work, all of you!
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

2. Collapse Details
    Hey, c'mon man, don't be too modest! Your film is excellent! One of the best I've seen so far. I need to watch it a few more times before making any detailed comments but I must say I was very impressed.

3. Collapse Details
    I am with hienben, you are just being modest. I just watched yours… you did a hell of a job… What did you use to compress it? and I loved some of the shots. Good work.

4. Collapse Details
    BEAUTIFULLY shot.
    Loved the fact that it was quiet for much of the film; that's something that only can work well, if the visuals are so good that they can carry the story: YOU have pulled that off! It *MAY* have needed a bit of an audio punch at the climax of the zombie-attacks-woman scene, but that's about the only thing I could possibly criticize.

Oh, and a good punchline to boot.

Awesome entries here, and yours is right up there!

5. Collapse Details
    An excellent short, with a fully self contained story, excellent execution, stunning visuals and a great ending. INFECTION was nothing short of infectiously entertaining. Congratulations!

6. Collapse Details
    Might be the best headshot in the contest... I'm still working my way through the entries.

I liked the beauty of the images... I knew from seeing your stills that you would have a high production value for composition and color.

My notes say "less time on the security guard". Also I think you could have got a little more chaotic around the elevator scene (with your camera)... I'm a big fan of Arrested Development and I think that style would have really helped the tension in there.

This one was up there for sure... near the upper end of the list. The shots were "pretty" and composed well, plus shot smoothly... I think around the elevator scene that you needed somebody with less skill then yourself!

7. Collapse Details
    NBC, what you are perceiving with your short is a bad cut. Your material is excellent, so is the story. The ending is very good as some people said. Cinematography is beautiful, and your steadicam work is top notch! You got to teach us how you do it!

I also thought makeup was fantastic!

I think the film starts off in the wrong foot. The first act fails to effecively introduce all the elements of the film organically, and the elevator sequence deserves some more work in the editing bay. But from seeing your shots, I really feel that with better editing your short could turn out great! (I already like it how it is...)

Don't be so hard on yourself!

8. Collapse Details
    I really, really liked the look of this one. It looked very cinematic the whole time. The props were also really great. I thought the sound really lacked. Somebody mentioned that the quiet worked well, but I'm talking about the sound f/x. The zombie didn't really have any, and when the girl is walking to the elevator I think you should punch in some footsteps there. Also, when she is in the elevator and she lets her hair down, it almost sounds as if the sound fades in. One last note is when the zombie is attacking her she is just standing there w/ her hands up and not fighting back....Really unrealistic. The look was awesome though.

9. Collapse Details
    True, sound effects are in my notes on this one... I forgot to mention it...

All and all, this could have used some effort in post production. It certainly deserves a better treatment, the images being so good...

10. Collapse Details
    NBC,

This film had a great look to it. I felt like I was watching an episode of ER because it had that professional feel and mature camera work, set up, font choice in the opening credits, etc.

I felt like the time devoted to the security guard was superfluous. It's almost like you sat this guy down and realized how cool the lighting looked and the fact that he had this Danny Glover look and it was like, hey, let's keep shooting this from a bunch of angles. Ultimately, this character played no role in the plot yet a significant amount of time was spent setting up the viewer to believe he was going to be influential in what happened.

It didn't play into any tension for me. The scene in the elevator looked overly stylized. The assault looked staged and left me removed from believing what was going on.

I am embarrassed to say that the first time I watched this, I totally missed the punchline but I figured it out the second time I saw it.

Having said all of that, I will say that I was drawn to watching it a number of times. I liked the dolly/steadicam shots of the security guard and the rain drop aural backdrop. The opening shots of the doctor were very nice.

In summation, it looked great but I had little attachment to any of the characters and the situation. I really wanted to care about the woman but I didn't. It also felt a little too slick for its own good...a little bit of grit (in the attacks scene for instance) would have been a nice contrast to the clinical perfection of every shot.

Man, this review sounds harsh...sorry about that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast