Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    story was too cutesy for my taste but thats the type of movie you were making...and you did it well...just not my tastes.

Your filming of the enviroment rocks soo much so I really enjoyed that and alot of the compositions...like the shot of the tent glowing blue(Awesome).

With stuff like this you should work for disney, and although it wasnt my type of movie, I can apreciate and respect it.

2. Collapse Details
    Great Disjecta as normal...Your compositions are always top notch. There are only two problems I had with your short. 1. Was when the zombies face comes into the camera I Think maybe you should have cut it a little faster, just enough to pop in scary you and then gone. I thought maybe it was a few seconds to long. 2. The hand at the end....It was great!!!, but unfortunately you could tell it was a rubber hand, maybe if you cut sooner or shot it a little further away and didnít come in so close. Other than that my man, Great Job and keep em coming.

3. Collapse Details
    Bravo disjecta. I'm handing out two 10s in this contest (I've seen them all now) and this is one of them. I'll try not to repeat the things said above, particularly the Spielbergian comments - this one just plain entertained me from start to finish without pause. Always a surprise in each scene. Loved the swapping narrators, the lush forest shots, the kids' performances, smooth dolly moves, ending.

Some shots, as John mentioned, looked more rushed than others. Most of the day-for-night shots looked fantastic and ethereal, just a few were too bright. That's about all I can say in the negative regard.

I'll pay $12.50 to see a feature made by you anyday!

4. Collapse Details
    Very odd that it starts out completely dark. Didnít like that choice. Actually that entire black opening wasn't even necessary.

Music and landscapes are SUPERB as to be expected, also excellent main title. Good sound. The ADR was a good idea, but the whispering didnít seem believeable to me. Thatís tough to pull off though. Especially with kids I would imagine.

DVX joke of course was cool. I liked the day for night idea with the lanterns, looked cool although unrealistic.

I dug the end shot. Overall I thought it was cute. In an undead movie, I am not so sure thatís a good thing, but this is one the kiddies can watch.
    Finished two short documentaries in the past 2 years. Writing script for 3rd feature film for planned 2015 production.

Check out my two award-winning DVX100a feature films "Schism" and "There Are No Goodbyes"

Read the lengthy and informative "Schism" DVXUser thread here!

5. Collapse Details
    disjecta,

This movie remind of when I use to watch goosebumps back in the days. Definetly good for the kids, but we want to see more gore! blood! and boobies.. j/k! I didn't judge your movie according to that standard but the storytelling itself. thats very important. Its nice that you include your kids in the movie, its was very well done, love the dvx joke. photography was very well done and the ending was pretty cool. I don't have any complaints because nothing really bother me.. well maybe the adr from the kids.. but its no biggie. I gave you the highest score you can give a film because it was different and we love it.

6. Collapse Details
    Very nice job and some great work here. I didnt see any big problems and the movie was a solid short, it showed the whole story from start to finish. It didnt drag on at all and it was very different from the rest. I was expecting a comedy about duck zombies though. Great work.
    brian

7. Collapse Details
    I watched and graded over 60 shorts so far, and my hot favorites were few : Texas Fortune, Infection, Arsenic and Hot Chili, Good Zombie, Dead Zombie... until I watched Shot in The Dark.

As far as I'm concerned, this film is a winner. Beyond all the technical qualities that I'm expecting from DVXusers, it has a *real storyline* with a beginning, a middle and an end, and it demonstrates once again that the less you show and the more you suggest, the more efficient the result.

Very, very well done, disjecta !

8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Final Design Studios's Avatar
    Great work. I too think that the black intro wasn't the best way. Its an inside joke for those that have seen your other film, but it seems to be out of character for the piece in general.

Cinematography was good, but I had no doubt you'd pull that off. I would say that the narration jump from your kids to you was the only thing that really stuck out as odd to me. I understood what was going on, but it just felt a tad bit out of place.

I really do like the simple story and overall "cuteness" of all of it. Its really a charming diddy. This ranks as one of the best for a reason, and thats because it does everything a short film should, like tell a complete story......which seems to be lacking from most of these.

Congratualtions on another job well done.
    Now entering year 6 of video production. Wheeee.
    www.tylertv.net

9. Collapse Details
    I loved the kids. The comments about touching the DVX were right on! The camera work was great. Good job!
    The question is not why are we here...it's why do we ask...

10. Collapse Details
    I liked this one as usual very high composition standards and solid storytelling. My only real critique is the kids conversation on the log. The cut just seemed a little forced. Probably me. Overall typical disjecta which is to say, pretty $%#@ good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast