Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    laughing blood - i_&_t
    you are the zombie, our flick is the brain (meaning, feel free to chew it up) .
    thanks for watching.....
    -

"What's the matter, Dave? All we want to do is kill ya." - Officer Curtis Mooney's corpse - Killer Klowns From Outer Space

2. Collapse Details
    I thought this was really awesome!! This was one of my favorites that I have watched so far, altohough the title scared and sorta turned me off...I thought the movie rocked. The story was lacking a little....I felt like it should be part of a bigger piece but thats my only gripe. The clown flashback was so well done and so macabre(sp?)

Forgot to metntion...the cinematography was great and the whole thing felt really pro!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details
    I really enjoyed yours aswell. The flashback sequence was very real, and I enjoyed the interruption in the flashback... Effects were great and the acting even better. Would like to see the rest of the filM!!

------------
    Dave
    Fear and Loathing in Raleigh, NC
    ------------
    www.vimeo.com/greeches
    www.youtube.com/greeches

------------
    "Art of seduction, Alcohol introduction."
    "A man who looks where he walks, never steps in sh*t."

4. Collapse Details
    I'll say it. THis film for me was my favorite and I rated it a 10. The only 10 in fact I handed out. This film simply 'DID IT" for me and is one of two films that left me wanting to see more. This film had a fair balance of all elements that make me tick.

From the opening shot I am enthralled. The atmosphere is creepy for me, the music is setting the mood and totally reminiscent of the 70's horror films (Specifically Fulci and Romero). The first thing that grabs my attention is the location. We're in a theatre and i already visualize a venue and an urban area. This is one of the few creative locations i have seen in this fest.

A clown. I'm sitting there asking myself "What the poo poo s*%t is this?" ONe thing I look for in these shorts (and something I tried to do myself) is for a piece of a bigger picture. This one does it for me. The opening score, the flashlight beam in a dark and dank theatre........ a zombie sits up and a girl survivor shoots it. I feel like I'm in someone elses world all of a sudden and it does not feel contrived. This venue is claustrophobic and I feel like their are zombies everywhere in dark places.

When the second zombie comes along and we shoot it; the music stops, we pause for reflection and then THUD! poo poo thats great. That is classic Fulci and Romero right there.

The comps and framing are not superb (Some have massive amounts of headroom that detracts me) but I find them extremley creative; peering down the steep staircase as they walk up, the fluid pan right as they cross over, the door shut in our face and the music stops again. In fact, I noticed many solid pans during this piece. Nicely done; this should be used more; in this world of steadicams, dollies and hand held.

For the most part the comps and framing are great; not terribly stylized but simply just perfect. Some polishing would do them justice.

The clown looks at a baseball bat drenched in blood. These guys/gal look tired, they look sweaty, they look bloody and grimy. Attention to detail.

Suddenly; we're at a party. And the music is poo pooing clown music. Brilliant.

I get the impression this film was very well thought out in pre-production and I imagine even storyboarded. The clowns look RIGHT and then look LEFT as more Zombies appear and THE BALLOON POPPING is epic and classic and fun.

The little boys balloon losing its air and landing on the zombies head had me cheering. I was like AWESOME. It reminded me how fun filmmkaing should be and to try and not be all SERIOUS about it. It's these little nuances that Spielberg employs in his films. Cute, but not forced and detracting. LIke when the clown throws the JUGGLING stick at the zombie; this is wonderful. It may not be plausible but its being told in a flashback, remember?

The biting of the clown nose? OMG awesome. When the clown dude goes to his dead clown freind and the buzz of flies; Ewwww. Awesome.

I can go on and on and cant say enough good things about this piece. I loved every second of it and its the only one I have in mind for FUTURE VIEWING. I personally hope that there is a longer cut made and a future sequel becasue I want to know the whole story and the end of these survivors.

Of course I can find some flaws technically in this film; 180 line jumps, head room issues, the acting obviously needs some refining (The girl especially needs replacing but the two guys can be worked). But this is really neglible as the elements are there for me in perfect balance.

THis is the singualry defining film where I wish I could be a part of the sequel and their world.

BRAVO!!! The only thing that pisses me off is not having a BIGGER FILE of the movie (Cough cough maybe Ill get a PM with a larger file? cough cough)

5. Collapse Details
    And yes; the TITLE needs to be re-thought. Thats my only real gripe.

6. Collapse Details
    -

"What's the matter, Dave? All we want to do is kill ya." - Officer Curtis Mooney's corpse - Killer Klowns From Outer Space

7. Collapse Details
    Nobody356, greeches, and Mr. John Hudson... THANKYOU!
    SO glad you want to see more...there is alot. our initial screenplay has flashback stories for all three survivors (we have since learned what five mins. actually is!). we are going to make it a trilogy. this one was cut WAY down to make five mins. (hence some of the jilty dialogue etc.) and we plan an extended cut after we tidy up the DVD vers. (darn ALL of you for keeping us from this task with your fliks! we can't stop watching them). we had a HELL of a time with the compression (obviously)...we "finished" the audio about an hour before the deadline and had NO idea what we were doing. alak and alas. it should look better on the DVD. oh, and we were filling out the entry form when we realized we still had not settled on a title so we went the 80s-straight-to-video-b-horror route. laughing dead is better. once again...
    -

8. Collapse Details
    Hey
    I didnt like this one too much. I liked the clown scene and the music that went with it but the beginning and end didnt really do it for me. I think some of that may be compression because the picture and the sound were so distorted. I might think its better on the DVD. The shooting of the fake zombies took it down a notch or two because some of the other movies I have seen on here are very believable with their effects or head shots.
    Brian

9. Collapse Details
    The biggest problem, that I saw, was that the plot seemed really unsure of itself. I wasn't sure if it was trying to be funny or not. I got the dark humor, but something was a bit off about it.

I really liked the idea of going into a theatre, I really wish that we could have seen more of it.

All the clown stuff was really funny, and there were some great gorey gags in there that I really enjoyed. The shot where all the kids are looking back at the zombies, and then cut to the baloon pop was awesome.

It ended really abruptly, which left me wanting more. Which is normally a good thing in a short, but this wasn't really a short film. It was a scene from a much longer film. So I suppose I'm not really sure if that's a negative, or a positive thing.

The gun effects and head hits were done really well. Some of the best I've seen so far in this festival. I especially liked the clown juggling pin into the guys head.

Your zombies' moans were unique. In a good way. :thumbs up:

Overall: Some good stuff going on, and I would love to see it as a part of a larger story.

Yellow #001

10. Collapse Details
    I really liked how this started out, and liked the camera work, cc, etc. Great gun shot/sequences in the beginning as well, unique sounds from the zombies (as TC mentioned).

Once it got into the office, I thought the sound/mic quality really lacked & sounded like a tin box to me.

I LOVED the opening clown/party shot, and laughed outloud when the clown's balloon popped ... I've watch that section at least 5-6 times ... still makes me laugh!

I REALLY didn't like the FX here though, as it was too obvious that it was a doll's head that was getting blown away by the shot gun, etc. However, the bowling pin in the guy's eye socket was pretty good.

The acting in the office could use improvement, and it does end too quickly ... as in, I WANT TO KNOW how they got out there. I think a bit of time could have been cut from the clown's party to make room for a little more story being told in the office.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast