Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I saw this and felt like cheated because I didn't see it on a big screen. I swear you make the dvx look so dam good.

I look forward to seeing you behind the scenes stuff for the dvd.

What can I say that John has not already?

I think one of the things I enjoyed the most was the lighting, both for exteriors and interiors. Also, the production value of this film is amazing. It feels like a high budget film. The look is real gritty and very realistic. None of it looks cheap or amateurish at all.

The dialogue was intense as well. The acting was great. I can just go on.

I didn't have an issue with the sound, maybe the film was just so good I just didn't notice, in fact I didn't hear any problems.

I said this after seeing your trailer for Ancanar but I'll say it again, your work on the dvx is truly inspiring. You set the bar so high its poo pooing crazy!

2. Collapse Details
    nothing against anyone else. but this was the first film I saw when I sat down, it came up first in the randomizer....

you really blew it for me watching a lot of other films. thats not to say everyones weren't great, it just set the bar holys*%thigh.

i want to give this a more indepth review, but it was easily my favorite.

oh, and i hate you
    No sigs bigger than 569 Wide and X 70 High and I MEAN IT!!!!!

3. Collapse Details
    I noticed the ADR, but not to the point that I wouldnt give this an 11 if it were an option! Fantastic work! The story was good, the overall look was perfect, the zombie was scary as hell to me, when he popped up next to that damn lamp. Most enjoyable so far, and thanks for that.

Terri

4. Collapse Details
    WOW! This short was damn good! I echo everyone's statements here. The titles, acting, composition were right on. This is about as good as I've seen the DVX look. Like lucidz, I saw this early on, maybe three into my viewing, and it really upped the ante. Nothing, except possibly "Shed," has come close. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

5. Collapse Details
    Rowe Cine LLC
    ..what can i say that hasnt already been said... you have some serious talent and i think you'll go far in the industry. same goes for the main actor. keep up the great work!

6. Collapse Details
    I don't know what it is about creep factor but I am all over it and I love being creeped out when I watch films but not in a cheap gratuitous way. This film went all the way for me in look, story, creep factor and acting.

Unlike many of the other entries, this one had a complete story. It had me engrossed from the beginning to the end. Kinda felt like a Twilight Zone tale.

Your zombie was also one of the weirdest and scariest.

It's obvious to me that I am watching a film by someone who really gets it. Someone who holds a camera in their hands and makes a film, not a video.

This film rates high in my book.

7. Collapse Details
    By far the best I've seen yet! I rated it a 9 which is the highest I've rated yet! BRAVO!
    Twitter: jayscorsese

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks everyone, I'm really humbled by the critiques. Glad we could put together something entertaining. I don't think I can post BTS material until after voting, so I'll respond to a few things below.

I think one of the things I enjoyed the most was the lighting, both for exteriors and interiors
    Thank you! The outdoor scene spanned two different locations 50 miles away from each other, and it was really important for us to match the light. I'm curious if anyone noticed.

the zombie was scary as hell to me, when he popped up next to that damn lamp.
    Thanks Terri! We experimented a bit on how to make the undead more menacing. His "normal" look was slightly comical, so after some trial we came up with the whole dark sockets look. Unfortunately the makeup didn't absorb, which meant blood ran off like crazy and had to be re-applied between every take. Many props to Henry Kemp for putting up with a day in that.

I love being creeped out when I watch films but not in a cheap gratuitous way
    I'm with ya there. In a way, I'm bummed that we had to revert to some "shock" moments, where I normally prefer a slow burn. But with only 5 minutes, we had to cut some corners.

9. Collapse Details
    Wow, dude! Now I'm really grateful for your comments on my film, you clearly know what you are doing. For someone with a Nintendo Avatar, that should be an obvious conclusion.

I freakin' loved it, man! Everybody said evrything about it. I also was very impressed with your script. I don't know how you could tell such a good story in 5 minutes, that was really good filmaking, dude!

When I get over the fact that I really liked it I'll try posting some constructive criticism here...

Congratulations!

10. Collapse Details
    Hey
    I cant believe they let you in the same contest as us. This looked professional in every way. I hope you enjoy your new anamorphic adaptor and shotgun mic.. This really looked like a movie compared to the other home videos.. I feel like mine is crap now.. thanks
    Brian

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast