Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    roxics, I think Andree is saying the same situation as yours...tricks user into thinking it's less exposed.

2. Collapse Details
    I read in your review from Newshooter that you felt that then even the 4K image from XC10 didn't look as sharp as C100 1080P, has your opinion changed as you have used it more? Also are you back to using the C100's I thought you migrated to FS5?

3. Collapse Details
    Hi movingim - I still feel the same way, the XC10 4k image is not as sharp as the C100 HD, but it mixes quite well. The XC10 C-log footage is also more neutral (or less yellow) than C100 mark I, even with the same white balance. Here's a recent video with XC10 footage at 00:17: https://vimeo.com/156776888

After a month of use I ended up selling our FS5 (and RX10 II) for business reasons, and am continuing to use our three C100s along with the XC10. All great cams for various projects, just had to focus on what our primary jobs were going to be this year, which ended up being in-person training for beginner to intermediate journalists who tend to pick up on Canon's ease of use quicker than Sony's.

Cheers,
    Slavik

Quote Originally Posted by movingim View Post
    I read in your review from Newshooter that you felt that then even the 4K image from XC10 didn't look as sharp as C100 1080P, has your opinion changed as you have used it more? Also are you back to using the C100's I thought you migrated to FS5?

4. Collapse Details
    thanks for the info, much appreciated!

5. Collapse Details
    So which camera, the c100 or the xc10, would be better for docs, interviews, and some wildlife shooting daylight and at dusk? That's my current project...

6. Collapse Details
    Wildlife at dusk - and the XC10 is out of the game. At the Tele end the fixed lens is definetly too slow at 5.6 - and I wouldn't go over ISO 4000 with the 1" sensor.

7. Collapse Details
    The XC10 has two weak spots; sound and low-light. You can work around the sound issue using external recorders, but the low-light performance cannot be improved. Otherwise it's a great camera. A C100 will probably be a better solution for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234