1. Collapse Details
    HVX-200A Having some serious Issues
    Hey guys, I just bought an HVX-200a off of somebody on ebay. It was working fine for a few hours while I was testing the camera out recording some random things to P2, then I started to get some issues. I got some error about the p2 card, so I turned the camera off. When I turned the camera on, I tried to record again and nothing happened. Then I tried to access the menu through the menu button and nothing happened. Also the Mode button stopped working and so did the zoom and rec button on the handle. One of the bigger issues I noticed is when I turn the camera off via the power switch, the camera still stays on...The only way it will fully tune off is if I take the battery out.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on with this camera?

Here is a video of my issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDa...5jj1zjti5ajcbo
    Last edited by zendena; 02-05-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: adding link

2. Collapse Details
    Almost unquestionably it will need a trip to the service center. Sounds like some internal connector is loose or has come detached.

3. Collapse Details
    Something worth checking, especially if the cam has been stored: There is an internal battery which stores settings and the like. If it is weak, the cam will do wonky stuff, it happened to me, though I don't recall exactly the symptoms. If memory serves me correctly, that internal battery is charged using the battery eliminator. Also, the battery can be user exchanged

Grant

4. Collapse Details
    Can you send it back?