1. Collapse Details
    Re: Interview Chair
    Would you recommend using a height adjustable posing stool as as an interview chair?

I find chairs to be problematic. They are all different heights, some are old and squeak, some promote the subject to lean back too much or to move too much, some have wheels or pivot and causes the subject to not be still.

So I am wondering if it would be wise to invest in a posing stool that is height adjustable and promotes the subject to stay still on every shoot.

2. Collapse Details
    I find a chair with a small back to give consistently the best result. Some people will sit happily on a stool, others will slouch. Of course, it very much depends on what you are going for; it might work well for a guitarist, but not a Captain of Industry. Sometimes, a great big armchair will work best, other times, sitting on a desk or standing up is a better choice.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

3. Collapse Details
    If I'm providing the chair its useuly a directors chair. I carry both short and tall chairs, and have the interviewer sit at the same height so the eyeline is consistant.

4. Collapse Details
    Someone needs to make an interview chair with seat belts!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, the problem with a stool is that by definition it has no back - some people sit upright, some lean forwards, some slouch, and some do all three, potentially messing with mic and light and camera placement. And if the stool rotates as well, all bets are off

Ideally, you'd want a non-rotating height-adjustable chair for both interviewer and interviewee, presuming both will be in shot.