1. Collapse Details
    FCP 7 dual monitor set up
    I have been editing with fcp7 for ten years with my UI on the left monitor and full screen on the right monitor. I just bought a new monitor and I can't get the UI to display on my old monitor and the FS prev on the new one. Both are connected via DVI-D>mini displayport (ati radeon 5770)>Mac Pro 2008. Set up works fine in PP 2015 CC :/

Any thoughts? Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Anyone? I'm kind of vexed on this...

3. Collapse Details
    Use monitor setup that comes with your videocard, you can choose main monitor and monitor 2. That should fix it.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Use monitor setup that comes with your videocard, you can choose main monitor and monitor 2. That should fix it.
    Thanks. Can you be more specific? I have tried: both monitors to minidisplayports, one to DVI/one to displayport, swapping the connections, changing monitor configurations in system prefs, manually moving the UI to the left monitor, but it still doesn't work...

5. Collapse Details
    I didn't see you have a Mac, but in windows one can assign first (main) or second to monitors. You have to use the software that came with the videocard and not the config of the computer, but since you have a Mac I don't know if it works the same.

I have two dell ultrasharp monitors, these monitors can bet set on different ports. My configuration has two videocards (I use Davinci) One monitor is connected with two cards, I have to change the input by changing the menu on the monitor. (not the computer)
    Last edited by Publimix; 12-15-2015 at 02:27 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    I didn't see you have a Mac, but in windows one can assign first (main) or second to monitors. You have to use the software that came with the videocard and not the config of the computer, but since you have a Mac I don't know if it works the same.

I have two dell ultrasharp monitors, these monitors can bet set on different ports. My configuration has two videocards (I use Davinci) One monitor is connected with two cards, I have to change the input by changing the menu on the monitor. (not the computer)
    Yes, I think it's different on Mac. Don't think I can configure on monitor but I'll check the manual...

7. Collapse Details
    Figured it out. In display prefs in OS I switched the white bars on top of the monitor icons...