Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Not much demand for it now, though we'd like to be able to put videos up in the next couple years when it becomes more standard. When the next resolution standard comes along we will be looking at upgrading to that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
    Future proof?

I do not believe 4K is the future.

2. Collapse Details
    A GH4 with a YAGH interface (XLRs, etc.) is $1800 right now ($500 discount - offer ends tonight @B&H), but then you would also need an adapter for your Canon glass, which could be an extra $50 if you have manual lenses or $400+ for a smart one that can control your aperture.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ess_micro.html

This camera shoots 4K, has HFR in HD (96fps although it's questionable if true 1080p, but still looks nice), XLR inputs via YAGH, and will produce great visual quality with the right settings. You also have other Panasonic cameras (cheaper) that can do the same/similar like the GX8, G7, etc. but without XLRs/YAGH.

The A7SII (no XLRs) starts at $3K...would need an adapter for Canon glass. 120p/HD. Amazing low-light.

The Samsung NX1 could work (no XLRs)...this is another conversation.

If you could raise the budget just a bit more, the Panasonic DVX200 (fixed-lens camera) would be a great all-in-one option.

You have lots of other choices within your budget, but would have to make compromises...either no 4K, or no HFR, etc.

Generally, an interchangeable camera with high-quality glass will produce much nicer (subjective) results than a camera with a fixed lens.

You made it this far...if I were you I would wait just a bit longer and see what Canon does with the 1DXII and the 5DMarkIV.

3. Collapse Details
    Kat,

I don't follow the all-in-one video cameras anymore because I REALLY like the optical choices I get from using my own collection of lenses.
    They sure are great though for the convenience. The new DVX200 is killer for that - but a little too expensive for me.

The GH4 with the YAGH XLR interface for only $1800 sounds really good. That's the price I feel that setup should have been from the beginning.

The GH4 however is NOT in the same low-light class as your 5D or the Sony A7s cameras. Other than that though it's a great camera. But I suppose if you get the Metabones speedbooster and really fast lenses then the lowlight performance will be almost as good - plus you'll have some great lenses.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

4. Collapse Details
    I am not experienced enough to really answer your question but here is a site may help http://thedigitalcamera.net/first-co...owershot-g5-x/

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12