Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Urgent help needed - Corrupt file on Odyssey 7q from FS700
    Hey guys, I had a shoot a couple of days ago using my FS700 and Odyssey 7q and there seems to be a problem with two clips from the Odyssey 7q SSD card. Shooting in 4k2hd at 25p and 50p all of the clips play fine on the Odyssey but when transferring to PC or Mac there are two clips that have the first frame of the shot and then are green for the rest of it and just have static noise. Can anyone give me any help with this? Looking at the file structuring it goes 506, 507, 509 510 etc... so there is no 508. Not sure if that is causing the problem? I have tried importing onto various machines using the CD prores transfer tool but am getting the same problem. I emailed CD yesterday but no reply yet. Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shine on the matter. I'm hoping I can resolve the problem or i'm pretty sure i'm going to end up loosing a client.

2. Collapse Details
    After the last update I also had this on a shoot, in my case the corrupt files were of no big importance, but to think that this would happen on a bigger shoot... But yeah, exactly the same happened here!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reply Lauritammi. Good to know it's not an isolated incident. I really hope CD have a quick fix for this as my client needs the video this week. I'm a huge fan of CD and was patient waiting for all the firmware updates they promised but corrupt files is something I can't live with. I stand to loose a good client over this.

4. Collapse Details
    Have you tried a 'rebuild' of the SSD on the Odyssey? I've only done this myself when the battery has gone whilst recording, but it worked in that case.
    Thanks for reading my post

Jonathan Warner
    Corporate filmmaker

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice Pythonman. I will wait to see what Mitch and CD say before I try to rebuild the SSD as my problem seems slightly different to the one you had. Thanks for the suggestion though!

6. Collapse Details
    did you submit a support ticket through the CD site? I always get fast responses there.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks Zak. Contacted them through their contact form on the website and also to the support email address. Awaiting a response!

Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    did you submit a support ticket through the CD site? I always get fast responses there.

8. Collapse Details
    Please contact me directly so that I can get someone to assist you ASAP.

Mitch@convergent-design.com
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

9. Collapse Details
    Just contacted you directly Mitch. Thanks.

10. Collapse Details
    Not that it helps your situation, but I've also had the same issue w/ green & static...the only thing that saved my bacon was the dual recorded AVCHD. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast