Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Slider recommendation
    Hi all,

I own a Syrup Magic Carpet slider that I originally use with DSLRs. I've since upgraded to an FS7 with Vlocks and while it still works, it does get a little wobbly as the weight is probably a little more than what it was designed to handle.

Any heavy duty sliders to recommend that takes that level of weight well?

Cheers

2. Collapse Details
    Heard good things about Rhino Slider EVO, but haven't handled one.

http://rhinocameragear.com/collections/camera-sliders

3. Collapse Details
    Shark slider will handle it.
    Regards,

Mark

GH5, Panasonic 12-60, 14-45, 45-175, Olympus 60 macro, 75-300, Benro S6 Tripod, Rhino Carbon 24" Slider, and Edius 8.5 WG.
    Video channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/3523
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29#1/2063

4. Collapse Details
    Wobbly? Really? That SYRP track is just about as wide as the Shark and Rhino - if not identically so - with the added benefit of being a solid piece as opposed to 2 separate rods that only connect at the ends.

I strongly suspect the wobble is not coming from your track but from your hi-hat or head that you're using and how you've got it mounted.

If it really is the weight of your rig (I've seen huge RED franken-rigs on the SYRP give it no problems) then you'll have to move up to the "metal pipe" options.
    I'm talking about the slider systems that come with the trolley and end caps, but you supply your own fat metal pipes you get from a hardware supplier.
    These are the next professional step up for serious sliders that need to haul things like Alexas and other rigs that big and heavy.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cameras: Panasonic: GH2, GH3, GH4, Sony: RX100 ii, Canon: 6D, T2i, 80D, SL2, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x3),
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

5. Collapse Details
    I have good experience with Dana.

A good friend is actually producing a series of solid (dana like) sliders with 75/100/150mm bowl and Mitchell mount mini Dollies. He is Austria based and it if you are interested in a solid slider which takes heavy payload could be worth waiting a few weeks for the release. I have pre-ordered one ;-)

6. Collapse Details
    My experience with sliders are that the ones with two rods do twist with a resulting wobble. Especially if you mount something like a Sachtler head to them and the camera ends up a bit higher most sliders wobble a bit but the two rod solution is more prone to do that. I prefer a solid track which never will wobble.

With a small and light weight camera most sliders work well but start to add some weight and built it upwards and it's not many that are really solid.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOrang View Post
    Hi all,

I own a Syrup Magic Carpet slider that I originally use with DSLRs. I've since upgraded to an FS7 with Vlocks and while it still works, it does get a little wobbly as the weight is probably a little more than what it was designed to handle.

Any heavy duty sliders to recommend that takes that level of weight well?

Cheers
    Cinevate Atlas and MYT Works. But you aren't going to like the prices.

8. Collapse Details
    I sold my shark slider as I felt it was pushing it on FS7, and bought a rigwheel traveller dolly which is fantastic.

The shark slider's stand supports not being centred is a real problem for heavier rigs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2017 Reel

Website
    Instagram

9. Collapse Details
    I have the Kessler Crane Cineslider (29 inch model) and it's very sturdy. Haven't put the FS7 on it yet but I think it will handle the camera in any configuration with no problem. It's a bit heavy but solid. Mark

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    I sold my shark slider as I felt it was pushing it on FS7, and bought a rigwheel traveller dolly which is fantastic.

The shark slider's stand supports not being centred is a real problem for heavier rigs.
    Hey Ben,

What config are you using for the Rigwheels? I've been looking at this for a slider option but not sure about what I need.
    Are you using a combo of tripod and light stands? Interested to know what's working for you.

Claire

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast