Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    10bit 444 gh4 help
    So right now Im tryin to get this to work , Im having trouble finding the cineform presets for media encoder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPUouY1IRw

can someone please help me.

2. Collapse Details
    How do you get 444 out of a GH4?
    GH4, Contax Zeiss primes, Ninja Blade, Avid Symphony

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindquist View Post
    So right now Im tryin to get this to work , Im having trouble finding the cineform presets for media encoder.
    You must have the latest version of the FREE GoPro Studio software installed on your computer, which will include the Cineform CODEC that you want.

Link for GoPro Studio Installer

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bill View Post
    How do you get 444 out of a GH4?
    GH4 4K 4:2:0 has enough chroma information to create a 4:4:4 version when down sizing the 4K to 1080 HD, but the CODEC you use to down size has to be smart enough to turn the 4K 4:2:0 into 1080 4:4:4.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Hmmm, I wonder if this will make v-log l useful again?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
    Actor
    Musician
    Filmmaker

7. Collapse Details
    You don't need to install anything from Cineform. You do need the latest version of PP or after effects - CC 2015.

Overall the tutorial is very good. The only thing I disagree with is setting Max Render Quality and Frame Blending. Do NOT check those boxes. They add nothing and can make things worse.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Simon View Post
    You don't need to install anything from Cineform. You do need the latest version of PP or after effects - CC 2015.
    If you are working with a non CC 2015 version of PP or AE you will need to install the free GoPro Studio. ( this also applies to older versions of Sony Vegas Pro and Apple FCPX )

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    GH4 4K 4:2:0 has enough chroma information to create a 4:4:4 version when down sizing the 4K to 1080 HD, but the CODEC you use to down size has to be smart enough to turn the 4K 4:2:0 into 1080 4:4:4.
    Do you have any example files to illustrate what you're saying ..as I might misunderstand you. If you say you can turn basically anything into a 10 bit 4:4:4. ....and it just doesn't look like it originated from a 10 bit 4:4:4 ...I agree with you.
    If you claim there is no difference between a 10 bit UHD 4:4:4 downscaled to 10 bit 1080 4:4:4 ...and 8 bit UHD 4:2:0 downscaled to 10 bit 1080 4:4:4 ...with the software of your choice …I would really like to see some example files that back this up.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bunk View Post
    Do you have any example files to illustrate what you're saying.
    Not off hand. This was a very big deal last year after the GH4 camera started to ship, and some people noticed that certain shots of the sky would band when originally shot as 1080 HD 4:2:0, but if you shot the same sky as 4K and then down sized to 1080 HD the banding was gone. This triggered a big debate on several different websites and lots of samples were kicked around, including a sample by DVX's very own Barry Green which showed the higher chroma resolution when down sized to 1080. At one point one of the original software coders who created the Cineform CODEC chimed in and confirmed that if done properly you could theoretically obtain 1080 4:4:4 from a 4K 4:2:0 source. ( the Cineform CODEC appeared to be one of the few CODECs that was retaining the 4K color info when downscaling to 1080 HD )

I've never seen any samples where original 1080 4:4:4 footage was compared with the 4K 4:2:0 footage down sized footage of the same subject matter, so I'm taking it on faith that it can be equivalent to 4:4:4, but it would be interesting to compare. I guess the key issue is having a camera that can shoot 1080 4:4:4 internally ?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast