1. Collapse Details
    GH4 One Frame Audio Dropout @ End of Spanned Clips
    I'm using FCP X 10.2.2, and when I import a set of spanned clips to put together a long take in a timeline (interviews, mostly) I get one silent frame at the end of each of the spanned clips. If I go frame by frame, I can see the picture flows smoothly across the edit, but the sound break of the drop-out makes it impossible to use a clip that happens to cross what would ordinarily be no different than a through-edit.

I'm used to working with P2 (HPX170), which not only does not exhibit this problem, but consolidates the spanned clip across cards on import. Wish that were true here, but nevermind.

I have a very unpromising relationship with Panasonic support; they suggested I try SilkyPix and get back to them.

I am still in Yosemite 10.10.5. For the record, I've had the camera for some time, often use an H4n, but I really wish I could just get good sound out of the camera for some of what I do where a minimal setup is ideal.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

2. Collapse Details
    IMHO this is one of the failings of DSLR type cameras and the GH4. You can't fix what is not there because it wasn't recorded. The only way around is double system sound....ie your H4N or other digital audio recorder. Then synch up in post

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Greytail. There are a number of things that are great about them, but there are real limitations.

Surely a functional limit of 5 min and some seconds is not one of the benefits. I still believe this may be an anomaly with my camera and/or installation of Final Cut Pro, since I don't believe I've ever been able to turn up a single other complaint about it.

Panasonic's suggestion to open the movies in their own SilkyPix turns out to be a joke; it only handles stills as far as I can tell.