Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    Very good points Nick, thanks. I will definitely pull out the less contrasty LUTS in HDR situations, but I've just been wanting something that looks like what the camera is pointing at.
    I always expose to the waveform with the LUT off on the Odyssey 7Q, so I know I'm never going too far in slog2 ;)

I wish my eyes could take a photo, because that a7rii photo is almost exactly how it looks in real life!
    To be clear, I didn't match the fs700 image to the a7rii. I took the a7rii photo AFTER I had finalised the LUT (out of pure interest,) and was delighted to see they match very closely
    Slapshot Films
    Instagram - Facebook

2. Collapse Details
    In the course of my research for Convergent Design, I have created some LUTs which may be suitable for use with FS700 S-Log2 material. They can be downloaded here.

This is a set of six LUTs for use with daylight and tungsten white balanced material, with versions of each at normal exposure and at minus one and minus two stops. The names should be self-explanatory.

Please note, these LUTs are a work in progress, and are not officially endorsed by either Convergent Design or Sony. I would like feedback on how people find the results of using them on a variety of material.
    Workflow Consultant
    Antler Post
    London, UK
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Advisor to Convergent Design on LUTs and image processing for the Odyssey

3. Collapse Details
    One thing to note about the LUTs. They follow the format of the preset LUTs from the Odyssey, that is to say they are "EE" LUTs in the terminology of the ARRI LUT Generator – they are intended for S-Log2 material with the range in Clip Attributes of Resolve set to Video. This is the format to which I converted all the LUTs which ship with the Odyssey. This is not the same as the Sony S-Log LUTs which are "LE" – they expect the Clip Attributes to be set to Data.
    Workflow Consultant
    Antler Post
    London, UK
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Advisor to Convergent Design on LUTs and image processing for the Odyssey

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyron View Post
    I've spent the better part of the last day and a half trying to make my own colour accurate LUT.
    My only goal was to try and match the 7Q screen to what I saw with my own eyes in real life.

Using LUTcalc and the xrite colorchecker passport, I got pretty darn close I think.
    Cyan was the trickiest, but red's look like reds and blue's don't look like turquoise anymore which was my main goal.

Here's the untouched Prores Slog2 for comparison
    (overexposed by 2 stops approximately)
    Attachment 115603

Here's the Convergent Design LUT:
    SONY_EE_SL2_L709A-2
    Attachment 115604

And below is the LUT I've developed:
    Ky_Fs700_SL2_Rec709_v1.57_-2
    Attachment 115605

And to put it into perspective here's a photo taken with a Sony A7rii.
    This is a useful comparison as picture profiles were disabled (Just standard JPG)
    It represents what I saw with my eyes fairly closely.
    Attachment 115606

Let me know if you find it useful or not or if you have any suggestions.
    I'm just a dabbler with LUTS, not an expert!

The zip contains a regular exposure, a -1 and a -2 for those of you like me who like to expose to the right.
    I've also converted them for use on the 7Q via the CD LUT converter utility as well.

Download here
    This is really awesome! They look very accurate. I just applied them to some outside shots with lots of snow. The snow looks white now, not tourquise like the Odyssey standard luts.
    I'm using the FS5 with raw output.

5. Collapse Details
    I also have to say thank you for yout LUTs! Great job!

6. Collapse Details
    Thank you for the great LUTs, they really made me appreciate the FS700/Odyssey7q+ combination.
    I was wondering if it is somehow possible to make colors match as much as possible to the LUTs presented in this thread when recording in ITU 709 (800%) in low light situations.
    Could my thinking be correct to record a desaturated image using the picture profile settings and then to apply a LUT that approaches the colors of the REC 709 image to the Slog2/LUTed image?
    Thank you for any thoughts on this!

7. Collapse Details
    Great! This made my day! Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyron View Post
    I've spent the better part of the last day and a half trying to make my own colour accurate LUT.
    My only goal was to try and match the 7Q screen to what I saw with my own eyes in real life.

Using LUTcalc and the xrite colorchecker passport, I got pretty darn close I think.
    Cyan was the trickiest, but red's look like reds and blue's don't look like turquoise anymore which was my main goal.

Here's the untouched Prores Slog2 for comparison
    (overexposed by 2 stops approximately)
    Attachment 115603

Here's the Convergent Design LUT:
    SONY_EE_SL2_L709A-2
    Attachment 115604

And below is the LUT I've developed:
    Ky_Fs700_SL2_Rec709_v1.57_-2
    Attachment 115605

And to put it into perspective here's a photo taken with a Sony A7rii.
    This is a useful comparison as picture profiles were disabled (Just standard JPG)
    It represents what I saw with my eyes fairly closely.
    Attachment 115606

Let me know if you find it useful or not or if you have any suggestions.
    I'm just a dabbler with LUTS, not an expert!

The zip contains a regular exposure, a -1 and a -2 for those of you like me who like to expose to the right.
    I've also converted them for use on the 7Q via the CD LUT converter utility as well.

Download here
    Great! This made my day! Thanks!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789