Thread: GH4 vs hpx-250

1. Collapse Details
    GH4 vs hpx-250
    Hello,

Could you please give some comparisons of GH4 and hpx-250 cameras. Why would I choose one vs another for a short feature film?

Thanks.
    Alex.

2. Collapse Details
    GH4's large sensor and cinematic expression are more suitable for cinematic productions. It's quite cheap vs in 2007. No brainer choice.

It'll not be cost effective trying to achieve the same thing on the HPX-250. It's great for unscripted doc, live broadcast. Certainly has that clean video look.

I don't think there can ever be a one cam solution that will cover the entire spectrum of tv & film production. You'll likely have to have many cam types for different production needs. Example: Live sports coverage that require precision servo zoom and super telephoto with optical stabilizer capability (100x+ zoom) on a Red Dragon camera is plain wrong for its intended purpose.
    Last edited by lonewolf2koc@hotmail.com; 10-31-2015 at 08:27 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf2koc@hotmail.com View Post
    GH4's large sensor and cinematic expression are more suitable for cinematic productions. It's quite cheap vs in 2007. No brainer choice.

It'll not be cost effective trying to achieve the same thing on the HPX-250. It's great for unscripted doc, live broadcast. Certainly has that clean video look.

I don't think there can ever be a one cam solution that will cover the entire spectrum of tv & film production. You'll likely have to have many cam types for different production needs. Example: Live sports coverage that require precision servo zoom and super telephoto with optical stabilizer capability (100x+ zoom) on a Red Dragon camera is plain wrong for its intended purpose.
    The Lonewolf comments are good advise, I have both a AG HPX250 and a GH4 equipped with a Video Devices PIX E5 4K recorder and would chose the GH4.

Attachment 108158