1. Collapse Details
    Blue lines are blinking on image in dark scenes
    Hello everybody,

I've just bought an DVX100AP device (used) and recognized that there is an problem when I try to shoot a video in dark environments. The problem is that there is a blue blinking lines in viewfinder, LCD and imported video.

There is an example that was taken during a day, it's a good enough: Blinking example (good)

And there is an video that I've tried to take in dark, there is a problem with blinking: Blinking example (bad)

Actually there is no problem even in dark places if camera stays in one position (tripod for example). But blue lines become when I hold camera in my hand and try to shake it.

What could be the reason of this problem? I guess heads cleaning will not help because the problem occurs even when there is no tape in device.

Thank you for response.

2. Collapse Details
    I've just recognized that if I rotate camera upside down, then the problem is gone. When I rotate it back, the problem becomes again.

So, I guess it is some mechanic problem in my device.

3. Collapse Details
    I would also suspect a physical hardware problem. That footage is not representative of a properly-working camera and there is no menu settings that would fix it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    I've disassembled my camera and recognized that the problem is somewhere in the lens or matrix. I didn't take the matrix off the lens, because I have no tools for such job, so I guess it's more easy to buy new lens with matrix and place it instead of my ones.