Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    Let me ask you Mr. 5 posts in? What are you doing to seek his LUT as a alternative to VLOG. NOTHING, thats what. So piss off. I'm not here to slam Leeming. I'm here to stress it for ALL OF US TO SEE. So again, PISS OFF.
    No need for that. We are all giving our opinions, that's why forums exist.
    I don't agree with everything I read here, yet maybe I can always learn something new from every post.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Gents, please keep it civil

Dusty, you need to use -5 -3 -5 0 0 per my settings manual to get the best out of the Cinelike D profile and my LUT.

Was your last clip using v1.04 of the LUT I sent you? I think you'll like it if you didn't use it yet

As for 8 bit etc, there's ALWAYS going to be a little bit of colour noise, and if you are super super critical in pixel peeping my stills, you'll see that. But compared to V-Log L it's night and day in favour of Cinelike D and Leeming LUT One. No doubt in my mind.

I'm happy that Dusty is coming around with my iterations - that means we're ALL winning to get the best profile without the need for V-Log L installed on your cameras.

Cheers all,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Actor
    Visceral Psyche Films
    www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

Mobile NL: +31 6 2095 2590
    Mobile JP: +81 80 8439 4635
    Facebook: Paul Leeming

3. Collapse Details
    @Dustylense James Miller's luts are? Really? They are magically solving the magenta and cyan blocking?
    I don't need to test an obviously flawed and unusable profile for professional work. Are all your replies that intelligent? You are aware that you sound like an angry 8 years old bully pointing at all the flaws of Visceralpsyche's work, right?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by visceralpsyche View Post
    Gents, please keep it civil

Dusty, you need to use -5 -3 -5 0 0 per my settings manual to get the best out of the Cinelike D profile and my LUT.

Was your last clip using v1.04 of the LUT I sent you? I think you'll like it if you didn't use it yet

As for 8 bit etc, there's ALWAYS going to be a little bit of colour noise, and if you are super super critical in pixel peeping my stills, you'll see that. But compared to V-Log L it's night and day in favour of Cinelike D and Leeming LUT One. No doubt in my mind.

I'm happy that Dusty is coming around with my iterations - that means we're ALL winning to get the best profile without the need for V-Log L installed on your cameras.

Cheers all,

Paul
    Yes. Settings are as stated.

V1.04 is far better. As long as it keeps the skin. The greens are much nicer. And I think people will agree once they test it agains V1 of the LUT. Blues are better too. This might rival VLOG.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Markangelil View Post
    @Dustylense James Miller's luts are? Really? They are magically solving the magenta and cyan blocking?
    I don't need to test an obviously flawed and unusable profile for professional work. Are all your replies that intelligent? You are aware that you sound like an angry 8 years old bully pointing at all the flaws of Visceralpsyche's work, right?
    As for you dude. Go play on the freeway or join in the discovery. Lemming and I are going back and fourth in private e-mail playing with his LUTS. In a civil manner. I'm trying to him him, he's trying to help us. You? I'm done with.

And yes, Both Luke's and James' VLOG Luts do wonders with the 8bit magenta. Maybe you should try them. Now, that freeway I mentioned.... Run along.

6. Collapse Details
    I think this version is the best, however the greens are still a bit to saturated. I mean it's not something that couldn't easily be fixed. But it's pretty damn close to being a one size fits all Lut in terms of dropping it on your clip and being done with it for instances of quick turnaround.

@markangelil FYI Dustylense is incredibly knowledgeable, he's contribute tons of valuable information over the years, and has the work/experience to back it up. He's not one to sugarcoat for the sake of it. He calls it as he sees it, which I appreciate. I suggest spending some more time reading over the forum, you'll learn what I say is spot on. Oh, Welcome to the Forum! :-)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Leeming. It's safe to say that with V4 your approaching VLOG territory. Color science and adjustments are right there. No sky banding. Still looking at different scenarios.

And to buttnut. Leeming has used my advice and now we have a drag and drop LUT without fluorescent greens. And Leeming is still working on refinements. Now, that freeway......

8. Collapse Details
    ok, thank you. I just purchased your LUT. Will I be getting the latest version or is there a separate beta?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by visceralpsyche View Post
    I want to keep as much saturation as possible from the original image being shot, without losing colour information. I feel that half the colour problems people have is throwing away colour precision just to make something feel flat, when that's not the purpose of the footage. If you throw away colour dpeth, then try to bring it back, you're going to introduce extra noise for no reason. As my LUT uses the values to get back to correct ones, it wouldn't help to desaturate at capture.

HTH!

Cheers,

Paul

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustylense View Post
    Now keep in mind, that there is more room to play with the VLOG. Not to say that what you have done is null. You might want to make some different versions. Keep the version you have. But make a version with the greens shifted to the yellow spectrum so they aren't fluorescent. I've also shot CineD with your manuals recommendation. 0-255 range. Lets see it with 16-235. Lets play with the highlights/shadow adjustments.

It's an alternative to use with what you have done. Especially if one wants to avoid sky banding in 8bit. I'd say revise setting zebras at 105% and set them at 100% and maybe close down 1/3 stop.
    Loving the progress you are making with this LUT. I am curious about the 16-235 as well. Have you tried it with any of your LUT versions?

10. Collapse Details
    @maranfilms Thank you It's not because I don't post often that I am a newbie in real life that can be lectured. I follow this forum very regulary actually. I don't find Dustylense's participation helpful and rather negative for the most part but that is just my opinion and I am not very impressed by his repartee and by the tests that are supposed to back his arguments. I was following the Lemming's LUT development and got seriously annoyed by @dustylense's feedbacks. And even if a lot of people find his posts helpful, it shouldn't allow him to adress people the way he does, insulting them. The rules of forums are very clear, aren't they?

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast