Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nice thanks Paul! Can you apply both the Leeming LUT and Quickie in the Lumetri setting in Premiere? Or is it best to apply the Leeming LUT, nest the shot, and then re-apply a 2nd Lumetri for the Quickie? I haven't had time to play with the Quickies yet

Quote Originally Posted by visceralpsyche View Post
    As well as the corrective LUT, I created some Quickies which can be used as a second node, or Creative LUT in Lumetri, to give you an instant look after correcting the initial image with Leeming LUT One.

There are two free packs. The first is for the older v126 LUT as is kept online for posterity mostly, and the second pack (v2) is designed for the current v201 LUT.

They are designed for use with Leeming LUT One, but you can just as easily use them as regular LUTs for other footage. They are designed around, and expect, a Rec709 corrected image as a starting point. If you have that you can easily use them in your regular workflow even without Leeming LUT One in the mix

Download the pack you want here:

http://www.LeemingLUTOne.com/#quickies

I will be building more free Quickie Packs in the future with more creative looks, once I've finished developing the next set of corrective LUTs for the Sony A7S, A6300, the JVC GY-LS300 and GH2.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Paul

2. Collapse Details
    I wasn't sold on this LUT for the GH4 until the last iteration. You really nailed it this time. Gives a perfectly balanced image with the Cine D settings. Interestingly, it also works great on my modified Cine V settings with shadow+3 and idynamic low. Thanks for the hard work!
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by npm View Post
    Nice thanks Paul! Can you apply both the Leeming LUT and Quickie in the Lumetri setting in Premiere? Or is it best to apply the Leeming LUT, nest the shot, and then re-apply a 2nd Lumetri for the Quickie? I haven't had time to play with the Quickies yet
    Yes you can Apply Leeming LUT One in the Basic Correction section, then apply the Quickie in the Creative section of the same Lmuetri Color panel.

I'm a Premiere Pro person myself, so they were expressly designed with this workflow in mind

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Actor
    Visceral Psyche Films
    www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

Mobile NL: +31 6 2095 2590
    Mobile JP: +81 80 8439 4635
    Facebook: Paul Leeming

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Batutta View Post
    I wasn't sold on this LUT for the GH4 until the last iteration. You really nailed it this time. Gives a perfectly balanced image with the Cine D settings. Interestingly, it also works great on my modified Cine V settings with shadow+3 and idynamic low. Thanks for the hard work!
    My pleasure! I guess that since the LUT corrects the colourimetry, it will be broadly applicable to several of the GH4 profiles, but especially Cine-V, which is mostly a contrast enhanced version of Cine-D.

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Visceral Psyche Films
    www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

5. Collapse Details
    Did you know that there is a new, official X-Rite/Munsell Colorchecker standard as of November 2014? I didn't, but I do now!

Since I've just received my new X-Rite Colorchecker Passport, I will recheck and adjust if necessary, all the camera profiles, to make sure they match 100%, since there are some slight colour variations I've noticed with the newer standard, especially in the blues and cyans.

I've also compiled an updated Reference Chart based on the Nov 2014 standard, which you can download here as an uncompressed PNG file:

Accuracy matters!!

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Visceral Psyche Films
    www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Paul,
    I'm very impressed by the result since I did not like the cinelike D profile before checking your work.
    I still have a question:

What's the benefit of using your LUT versus shooting a properly exposed ColorChecker passport and balancing it in post' with the color-match tool in Resolve or in premiere with MBR COLOR CORRECTOR 2 (http://www.mattroberts.org/MBR_Color_Corrector/) ?
    Is it flatter? More precise?

Thanks a lot
    Damien

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dam View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I'm very impressed by the result since I did not like the cinelike D profile before checking your work.
    I still have a question:

What's the benefit of using your LUT versus shooting a properly exposed ColorChecker passport and balancing it in post' with the color-match tool in Resolve or in premiere with MBR COLOR CORRECTOR 2 (http://www.mattroberts.org/MBR_Color_Corrector/) ?
    Is it flatter? More precise?

Thanks a lot
    Damien
    I find that all of the auto-balance type tools generally never give as much precision as a refined and properly calibrated LUT, plus I've noticed that even the tools used to auto-calibrate almost never correct the imag satisfactorily to what my eye sees, ie a natural, eye balanced picture.

I guess another huge advantage is as a timesaver - do you fancy doing the auto-correction for each shot or event, or would you rather throw the LUT on and know it's correct?

Plus you can load the LUT into monitors etc.

Lots of reasons really why a LUT is better than auto-match tools

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Visceral Psyche Films
    www.visceralpsyche.com
    www.LeemingLUTPro.com

8. Collapse Details
    why would they CHANGE Color Corrector? is it more accurate now? am I supposed to throw out my older color checker from 2012??

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    You may have covered this at some point in the previous 50 pages but what should we do about external recorders that clip at 16-235? You recommend using 0-255 in your manual but that creates a rather big exposure difference when using an external recorder.
    A 16-235 version would get $$$.

Like many DPs I'm often not involved in post, but do supply LUT(s) to convey intent. Having a version tailored to Legal Range, & another for Full Range, would best support this workflow.

A Legal Range LUT could also be burned into the footage of a ProRes recorder, which is a common practice for quick turnarounds, &/or gigs where the post process is unknown/questionable.

10. Collapse Details
    I shoot for PBS and have found that following the suggestions for Cine D with the new "2" series LUT (first node) and Checker (old) Match (second node) in Resolve produce an image that is as close to perfect as I have ever gotten. I am very very happy.

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast